Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Help! Please! Help!

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 1:39 AM
  • 15 Replies
My 3 year old almost 4 is getting me very fustrated. Its the start of the year and we already gone through 2 tantrums. The first one was because he wanted to watch a movie and his daddy said no after the news. He started to cry then scream then kicking. So i took him outside to calm him down it gets even worst so i tell him i am leavin him there till he stop. He didnt stop but just continue.
The 2 tantrum came after we came back fr watching fireworks. He had a elastic band in his mouth so i took it away. And he starts up again. I wanted to shake him cuz i had been putting up with this for awhile. He jus cries for everything. When i give him food and he doesnt want it which is almost every day, when its time to bathe, when its time to brush his teeth, when its time to sleep, everything... is something wrong with him? Its making me really fustrated and miserable.

Both my sons stick to me like glue. Anywhere i am when i fall asleep they find me so most time i wake up cramp up and miserable. I am at a point where i feel mess up
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs...hope things will get better....I know it can get trying sometimes........Try to give less attention to the tantrums...even if he has to go out for a while...

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't give him so much of your attention.I now it will be hard on you both. 

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, ignore the tempertantrum the best you can. You need a break mama.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with ignoring the tantrums. Put dad incharge of the kids for a while and do something, even if it's just a shower and a nap. *hugs we've been there =)

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 1, 2014 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with all the ladies above me.

jamaicanmom89
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Leaving him in charge always lead to me coming to the rescue

Quoting goddess99:

I agree with ignoring the tantrums. Put dad incharge of the kids for a while and do something, even if it's just a shower and a nap. *hugs we've been there =)

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 1, 2014 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh boy, that's too bad. He has to learn though.

Quoting jamaicanmom89: Leaving him in charge always lead to me coming to the rescue

Quoting goddess99:

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I am going to tell you staight up! My two year old daughter is the same way. It is hard and I find myself either screaming or caving a lot these days! It makes me feel terrible at times. But this is a phase! It is tought but you will get through it! Try time outs or trying to distract him. Simply talking to him may help at times but sometimes nothing makes it better!

IrishMama625
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Yea this is a tough age. My grandmother always said 'you just gotta be mean' (not realy mean but say no). It is hard though, i try to be 'mean' everyday! LOL Good Luck!

amberNewman0213
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh gosh hugs!!! I know that overwhelming feeling we ALL have at one point or another felt that way.

With the tantrums what worked for dd was to put her in a time out mat/chair/corner and make her sit there unroll she was done with her tantrum even if it took two hours we had to stand our ground. It took a LOT of patience at first but eventually she got the point that the tantrum would get her no where. Now 2 minuates in timeout does the trick. U just have to stay consistent.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN