Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What do you do with Christmas cards?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:18 PM
  • 36 Replies

I usually just throw them away as soon as I get them. :/ 

Unless they are photo cards. Then I usually try to figure out where to put them up for a bit. Or if I really love them I hang them inside the hall closet door. 

How long do you typically keep them? 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaytee
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:19 PM
If they're photo cards I keep them. Some of the cards I save some I toss.
splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:21 PM

What if they are photo cards from people you don't like? lol

I always feel guilty throwing those away right off the bat. 

Quoting jaytee: If they're photo cards I keep them. Some of the cards I save some I toss.

jaytee
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Lol! I've never received a photo card from someone I didn't like! If I did I'd probably toss it right away.

Quoting splatz:

Quoting jaytee: If they're photo cards I keep them. Some of the cards I save some I toss.

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:28 PM

hahaha SO has extended family that we don't really like and they always send this big long awkward letter about how great their year was and all of their family updates. Along with a photo card. I feel bad but I have zero desire to look at their family photos. :P 

Quoting jaytee: Lol! I've never received a photo card from someone I didn't like! If I did I'd probably toss it right away.

Quoting splatz:

marleasmommy91
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:30 PM

i usually keep them for a few days and then throw them away. I don't know what else to do with them lol

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

ermka
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:30 PM
We hang ours up until all the decorations come down, then I toss the regular ones & the photo ones I save for scrapbooking (I just cut the pic out.)
jaytee
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Eh, don't feel bad. If you don't like someone you don't like them. You can't help the way you feel.

Quoting splatz:

hahaha SO has extended family that we don't really like and they always send this big long awkward letter about how great their year was and all of their family updates. Along with a photo card. I feel bad but I have zero desire to look at their family photos. :P 

Quoting jaytee: Lol! I've never received a photo card from someone I didn't like! If I did I'd probably toss it right away.

Quoting splatz:

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Haha this makes me feel better. I have two lone photo card survivors hanging on my fridge and I was wondering if I was the only person!

Quoting marleasmommy91:

i usually keep them for a few days and then throw them away. I don't know what else to do with them lol

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:35 PM

That seems like a good idea! 

Quoting ermka: We hang ours up until all the decorations come down, then I toss the regular ones & the photo ones I save for scrapbooking (I just cut the pic out.)

kellysparkles
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:36 PM

I hang them on the wall until Christmas is over, then I throw them out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)