Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What do ya do!

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 8:04 PM
  • 5 Replies

I find myself overwhelmed by a few things this year! First of all let me tell you my kids have got more than enough this Christmas and I hope very soon we can go take some stuff to a shelter very soon that they no longer play with! Anyways, everyone, extended family and friends love my kids so much and its so heart warming seeing this! However, along with this comes opinions! With my family I can not really stand up bc they are so much to handle! I try just to be thankful but I found myself wanting to choke a few people out this year lol! First theres my parents! They think that everything I do is wrong! My sil is a very organic mom and all about health and I am not that strict by any means! If her kid eats one donut she loses her marbles! I however have views on rf longer which I do...which btw my sil turned my nephew at 1 and he is small so do not even get me started but its not my place so I give advice when asked and to each their own! But my parents do not agree with this! My mil also thinks I am being crazy and always says my kids are strapped in too tight! I have tried to properly show my parents how to place the kids in the car seats, I have tried showing them all the research I have done om rfing longer and all they do is yell and say I need to shut up they know how to keep them safe and would never put them at risk! My mom was furious when I did research for two days on a carseat my grandmother was buying for my 7 month old to transition soon! She gave me a $100 limit and I wanted another Britax like my dd had but that wasn't in range so I got the Graco My Ride after much thought and research! Mad my mother so mad bc she did not understand! Then of course my aunts are super involved with my kids! My one aunt got mad bc I would not let her take my two year old outside with her while she smoked! Crazy? I am also big on hand washing before you touch my kids! Why is this such a concept especially when holding our youngest! Then if all this was not enough my uncle comes over! Now he is in his 40s and my grandparents do everything for him bc he is a druggie and etc! He has no room to say crap bc this is only the second time he saw my kids! He comes in and takes my son with his dirty hands which makes me furious! Then I about lost it when he said wow I can not believe Liv is not potty trained! Shes 2 and 1/2 and just has trouble at night and when we are outside of my house or grandparents! She peed in her pull up and he starts scolding her! Um hello you have one child you have never seen! Back the heck off! I left b4 I lost my marbles on him! I mean am I being crazy here!?

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 1, 2014 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I was also big on hand washing around my son when he was younger and smoke of course.You have alot going on!

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

You would think that washing your hands and not smoking around little people would be common sense.

teachergirl
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:34 AM
They are your children and your family should respect your wishes when it comes to the kids. It would be different if you were doing things that could potentially harm them but your not. It may be time to distance yourself a bit. Take some stress off yourself.
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Hugs...sometimes things can be so trying...

MSJAP2010
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Not mean at all. You are doing what you feel is best for your kids. Tell everyone else to kick rocks
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN