Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have any idea what is wrong with my son?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:39 PM
  • 13 Replies
so for the past few weeks my son has hAd diarrhea off and on, has not been eating very well and is very pale. he has still been very active but is not being his normal self. I'm going to take him to the doctor tomorrow but I'm not sure what it could be. Has anyone else's kids had Something like this? I'm very worried about him. He had also been having these overheating spells where it will feel life he has a fever then I will undress him and a few minutes later he will be fine. Tonight I'm sure he had a fever. Please help!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Not sure...don't know if it may be some type of virus....I would just take him to the drs. like you said....hope they are able to help and he gets better soon...

korra2013
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:07 AM
Sounds viral. Plenty of fluids, brat diet. Now when you say diarrhea do you mean watery stool or is it just soft? Diarrhea by the way is constant watery stool that is often one to three times per hour. A lot of people don't know that. Your doctor should probably order a stool sample to be collected. How high is the fever and how often?
eleechick
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:21 AM

It has been a combo of the two. And the fever is never very high but still there. I have made sure to give him tons of fluids. 

Quoting korra2013: Sounds viral. Plenty of fluids, brat diet. Now when you say diarrhea do you mean watery stool or is it just soft? Diarrhea by the way is constant watery stool that is often one to three times per hour. A lot of people don't know that. Your doctor should probably order a stool sample to be collected. How high is the fever and how often?

korra2013
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:29 AM
Have the doctor test him all out. Also ask the doctor about probiotics. My daughter 3.. had some episodes like that. She had a stomach bug. My pediatrician ordered her to take culturelle for kids. It helped her get better and stay better. It's basically a powder that you can put in a child's drink and it contains good bacteria for your GI tract.

Quoting eleechick:

It has been a combo of the two. And the fever is never very high but still there. I have made sure to give him tons of fluids. 

Quoting korra2013: Sounds viral. Plenty of fluids, brat diet. Now when you say diarrhea do you mean watery stool or is it just soft? Diarrhea by the way is constant watery stool that is often one to three times per hour. A lot of people don't know that. Your doctor should probably order a stool sample to be collected. How high is the fever and how often?

korra2013
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:31 AM
Also with virus fever can come and go that is not uncommon. You want to be sure to keep track of the temperatures though.

Quoting korra2013: Have the doctor test him all out. Also ask the doctor about probiotics. My daughter 3.. had some episodes like that. She had a stomach bug. My pediatrician ordered her to take culturelle for kids. It helped her get better and stay better. It's basically a powder that you can put in a child's drink and it contains good bacteria for your GI tract.

Quoting eleechick:

eleechick
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:49 AM

Thx a bunch!

Quoting korra2013: Also with virus fever can come and go that is not uncommon. You want to be sure to keep track of the temperatures though.

Quoting korra2013: Have the doctor test him all out. Also ask the doctor about probiotics. My daughter 3.. had some episodes like that. She had a stomach bug. My pediatrician ordered her to take culturelle for kids. It helped her get better and stay better. It's basically a powder that you can put in a child's drink and it contains good bacteria for your GI tract.

Quoting eleechick:

jazzieel1
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 2:12 AM

Yep, if it's the same thing my 17 mth. old dd has look out for basically flu like symptoms. But when tested they won't have the flu. My dd has been in the er twice in the past 2 1/2 wks. We weren't sure what was going on or even if she was sick at first or it might be something she ate. She had mild diarrhea. Then suddenly one night she fell to sleep like crashed right out. She never does that. But we thought maybe she's just tired. Five mins. later she woke up seizing(our oldest dd has epilepsy so e know what seizures looks like). We called 911. She was rushed to the er. Ran all sorts of blood tests. They found she was dehydrated even thou she had been drinking fluids like crazy. They got her re-hydrated and sent her home. By the next morning she was running mild fever. Next thing we know she has a bad head cold. She started spiking high fevers and vomiting like crazy a few nights ago. We rushed her to the er. She had to be put on Zofran. They also have us alternating Tylenol and Motrin. They told us if it truly is the virus they have been seeing in small children only it can take anywhere from 2-4 wks. to run it's coarse. She is going to her doc for  a recheck on Friday. But family doc in my DD's case is sending her to a neurologist too because of the seizures the one time. To be sure that the seizures are not on going. We have 5 family members on my side with epilepsy. So they are making sure that the seizures were brought on by dehydration alone. But yes, there is a bad virus going around. Docs told us for some reason as I have said only small children seem to be getting it for the most part. No one in my family or friends that we have been around has been sick. She also has a hive like rash that has showed up with the fevers twice. The docs told us it is another syptom of this virus.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 2, 2014 at 7:26 AM

Good Luck at Doc's!

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:24 AM
Could have a long drawn out virus. Hope the dr can help and he gets well soon!
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Good luck, hope the doc can figure it out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)