Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Your 12 month old.

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:47 PM
  • 13 Replies

What is your feeding schedule. 
Do you still do bottles? How many per day?

Also, what kinds of food does your one year old eat? 

by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IrishMama625
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:12 AM

My son is 4 so that is too far back for me to give a good reply. But here is a bump!! :)

amberNewman0213
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:19 AM
We did sippy cups. And we just always kept something in it usually whole milk and about 1 cup of juice a day unless we was running around a lot outside in the heat then we kept juice in there to encourage them to drink more to stay hydrated.

Food. They usually snacked on whatever I was eating. But those Gerber pickups and oatmeal cereals was great for in the morning and lunch/dinner times. They also smacked on fruits like bananas and strawberrys. And veggies like green beans and carrots. They ate lots of leftover veggies and meals from dinner for lunch the next day too. Just anything soft they could chew they ate.
AWallewein
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:53 AM

My son isnt doing well with the more solid foots. He chokes everytime I try. I show him the chewing motion with my mouth but it's not working well. Any advice?

Quoting amberNewman0213: We did sippy cups. And we just always kept something in it usually whole milk and about 1 cup of juice a day unless we was running around a lot outside in the heat then we kept juice in there to encourage them to drink more to stay hydrated.

Food. They usually snacked on whatever I was eating. But those Gerber pickups and oatmeal cereals was great for in the morning and lunch/dinner times. They also smacked on fruits like bananas and strawberrys. And veggies like green beans and carrots. They ate lots of leftover veggies and meals from dinner for lunch the next day too. Just anything soft they could chew they ate.

amberNewman0213
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Gerber has these are puff snacks but they dissolve in the mouth so they won't choke. My Dr had those when she was a crawler. She still eats them now but that's how she learned the chewing motions.she was a very late teether so I had issues with getting her to eat solids as well

Quoting AWallewein:

My son isnt doing well with the more solid foots. He chokes everytime I try. I show him the chewing motion with my mouth but it's not working well. Any advice?

Quoting amberNewman0213: We did sippy cups. And we just always kept something in it usually whole milk and about 1 cup of juice a day unless we was running around a lot outside in the heat then we kept juice in there to encourage them to drink more to stay hydrated.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:44 AM

I would talk to your ped. about it.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 3, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Bump

AWallewein
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Ya he has those and chokes on them. luckily they dissolve but he just wont chew.

Quoting amberNewman0213: Gerber has these are puff snacks but they dissolve in the mouth so they won't choke. My Dr had those when she was a crawler. She still eats them now but that's how she learned the chewing motions.she was a very late teether so I had issues with getting her to eat solids as well

Quoting AWallewein:

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:58 PM

My daughter will be 16 months tomorrow. She was sick most of the year so she had a slow start with things such as crawling, walking and trying food. She still eats some baby food in the jars and alot of regular food that we eat. She is still on formula. She can't digest other milk that great just yet. She has a 6oz sippy cup of milk in the morning and then breakfast. nap in between. 

Lunch she has water/juice(also has water throughout the day) with her food

Foods: Steamed sweet potaoe, peas, carrots, Mango, apples, spagettie with small meat chunks. Just what ever she can handle. She still has issues with chewing and textured meats even though she is getting her molars. She has been on sippy cups since she was about 11 months but we are done with bottles

Nap with 5 oz milk around 1-3 pm epends on when she is ready to go down and we have dinner at 5-6pm with snack between lunch and dinner, She has a 6 oz cup of milk before bed

Beautifulmom513
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 5:03 PM

my daughter is 13 months old. she still gets a bottle. but only because we haven't been able to find a sippy cup that works for her. she only has it twice a day. at nap time and bed time. and she is drinking pediasure. her pediatrician has diagnosed her with failure to thrive and prescribed 3 bottles of pediasure a day. she is not doing too well with eating solids and gaining weight. when I took her in for her 12 month checkup she was barely 15 lbs. personally, I think she is just fine. she just on the small side. she doesn't look like she is starving or anything. she will eat a few bites off us whatever we are eating for meals. and then she'll snack on stuff like pretzels and cheerios,  crackers and cheese in between meals.

Momma2013
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Don't worry about it.

Ds is 11 months tomorrow and he doesn't eat much either. He's breastfed a lot and that's where his nutrition comes from and will until he's closer to 2 years old.

He eats the food that I eat, when I eat cereal in the morning, so does he. When I had chili for lunch today, so did he. But he nurses first.

Are you nursing or did you feed formula?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN