Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SUPER EXCITED HAD TO SHARE!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:25 AM
  • 8 Replies

My DD is 16 mo. old and has been waking up occasionally dry so this morning when she did i took her in the bathroom with me and sat her down on her potty chair while i went to the restroom. she sat there for a minute then actually went pee. I was so excited i was jumping up and down clapping, called my husband in there to see and he made a big deal about it. i wiped her pulled her diaper up and showed her, clapped and said yay. she clapped too and got excited. Potty training here we come. ANY ONE HAVE ANY TIPS ON HOW TO TRAIN A LITTLE GIRL? I hope to have her potty trained by 2 but not wanting to push her to hard or to fast.

by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 3, 2014 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats. Keep the potty where she can easily use it and ask her often if she has to go, sit her on it and wait. Sounds like you're off to a great start!!

Bamsmom2012
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:04 AM

our bathroom is dangerous the way it's built at least for a little one. our shower is in the floor; the top of the shower is level with the floor kind of in the floor. so i can't leave her chair in there unless we go in there with her every time until she is much older. i dont want to put the chair in her bedroom because it's carpeted and we rent. and the other places of the house are kitchen and the main living area. any ideas on where i can put it? or ideas of how to still give her a way to use it at will but still have some privacy?

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:42 AM

That's great!!!  Just continue to work with her....

jesusseesme
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:43 PM

wonderful news i have boys but i hear girls potty train faster and earlier. praise clapp and hug her for me. 

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Great news!
bluefaith81
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:33 PM

That is awesome!

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Awesome! I say just keep doing what you are doing. Its still sort of early for her to fully get it and for her body to be ready. But if you stick with it I'm sure you will have her trained by 2. :) 

jky_67
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:33 PM
For night time, my sister kept the potty in the girls' room for easier access and because the girls were too scared to walk down the hall. Both of her girls were potty trained by 18-24 months. I'm still working on my boys...8 and 4!!!!

Quoting Bamsmom2012:

our bathroom is dangerous the way it's built at least for a little one. our shower is in the floor; the top of the shower is level with the floor kind of in the floor. so i can't leave her chair in there unless we go in there with her every time until she is much older. i dont want to put the chair in her bedroom because it's carpeted and we rent. and the other places of the house are kitchen and the main living area. any ideas on where i can put it? or ideas of how to still give her a way to use it at will but still have some privacy?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)