Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone with a metal/nickle allergy? *pics

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 3:42 PM
  • 68 Replies

I've had a skin condition on my hands for maybe the last 20 years, I've seen doctors and have a prescription but this here in the pics is newer. It's just on my ring finger and the 2 other fingers that my rings rub on. I have a platinum engagement ring and a gold wedding ring. Neither of which I can wear anymore. I'm thinking it's a metal/nickle allergy. The pics aren't great but if anyone has an allergy like this they may be able to tell from the pics that it looks like what they get. The next time I go to the doctor I will bring it up but I'm hoping it's cleared up by then.

Red, itchy, flaky, with welt bubbles is about all I can say to explain it. 



by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 4, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Maybe I should mention that over the years I've had piercings that over time I had to take out as well because my skin was fighting back, but the areas never looked like this. I just think my body doesn't like metals lol.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:13 PM
Is your skin sensitive? My ear peircings itch and get painful.
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Yes, it's always been sensitive.

Quoting johnny4ever: Is your skin sensitive? My ear peircings itch and get painful.


Redkrow23
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:38 PM

I believe that every person is different when it comes to a breakout, but I'm allergic to nickel/silver or whatever and have different things that happen depending on how long I wear the jewelry. What I wear will start to feel heavier or tighter, make me itch really badly, leave markings, and might make it bad enough to make pus or some nasty stuff come out of it if I wear them for too long. It might turn red as well. You could be sensitive to it but is good you will talk to a doctor about it, especially if it only happens when you wear the rings or different pieces of jewelry with nickel in them. Hope this helped.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Thank you so much, it does help.

Quoting Redkrow23:

I believe that every person is different when it comes to a breakout, but I'm allergic to nickel/silver or whatever and have different things that happen depending on how long I wear the jewelry. What I wear will start to feel heavier or tighter, make me itch really badly, leave markings, and might make it bad enough to make pus or some nasty stuff come out of it if I wear them for too long. It might turn red as well. You could be sensitive to it but is good you will talk to a doctor about it, especially if it only happens when you wear the rings or different pieces of jewelry with nickel in them. Hope this helped.


Redkrow23
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad. It is a first my senstivity/allergy has helped somebody lol.

Quoting goddess99:

Thank you so much, it does help.

Quoting Redkrow23:

I believe that every person is different when it comes to a breakout, but I'm allergic to nickel/silver or whatever and have different things that happen depending on how long I wear the jewelry. What I wear will start to feel heavier or tighter, make me itch really badly, leave markings, and might make it bad enough to make pus or some nasty stuff come out of it if I wear them for too long. It might turn red as well. You could be sensitive to it but is good you will talk to a doctor about it, especially if it only happens when you wear the rings or different pieces of jewelry with nickel in them. Hope this helped.



goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Did a doctor tell you you had this allergy or did you figure it out on your own?

Quoting Redkrow23:

I'm glad. It is a first my senstivity/allergy has helped somebody lol.

Quoting goddess99:

Thank you so much, it does help.

Quoting Redkrow23:

I believe that every person is different when it comes to a breakout, but I'm allergic to nickel/silver or whatever and have different things that happen depending on how long I wear the jewelry. What I wear will start to feel heavier or tighter, make me itch really badly, leave markings, and might make it bad enough to make pus or some nasty stuff come out of it if I wear them for too long. It might turn red as well. You could be sensitive to it but is good you will talk to a doctor about it, especially if it only happens when you wear the rings or different pieces of jewelry with nickel in them. Hope this helped.




Redkrow23
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:50 PM

I kind of found out the hard way when I was little because my grandma always made me wear earrings and glasses with nickel in the frame, I'd always have a reaction but didn't know why. My guess is that we figured out over time and I can't even wear nickle-free stuff. I do have sensitive skin as well and can react to certain soaps or some other things, but jewelry is the worst. Do you happen to get a strong type of sensation when you wear your rings, kind of like it's tightening up or something like that? Then when you take them off it's itchy and red and terrible to tolerate?

Quoting goddess99:

Did a doctor tell you you had this allergy or did you figure it out on your own?

Quoting Redkrow23:

I'm glad. It is a first my senstivity/allergy has helped somebody lol.

Quoting goddess99:

Thank you so much, it does help.

Quoting Redkrow23:

I believe that every person is different when it comes to a breakout, but I'm allergic to nickel/silver or whatever and have different things that happen depending on how long I wear the jewelry. What I wear will start to feel heavier or tighter, make me itch really badly, leave markings, and might make it bad enough to make pus or some nasty stuff come out of it if I wear them for too long. It might turn red as well. You could be sensitive to it but is good you will talk to a doctor about it, especially if it only happens when you wear the rings or different pieces of jewelry with nickel in them. Hope this helped.





goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:06 PM

I'm not sure if it tightens when I wear the rings but my skin is very red and itchy. Now there are several layers of skin missing so it's very raw. I use Eucerin cream often and that seems to help some but I just need for it to heal. It's got to be the rings and whatever is in them. I hope I don't have a reaction to nickle free stuff. I just ordered a nickle free ring because I feel bad not wearing a wedding ring.

Quoting Redkrow23:

I kind of found out the hard way when I was little because my grandma always made me wear earrings and glasses with nickel in the frame, I'd always have a reaction but didn't know why. My guess is that we figured out over time and I can't even wear nickle-free stuff. I do have sensitive skin as well and can react to certain soaps or some other things, but jewelry is the worst. Do you happen to get a strong type of sensation when you wear your rings, kind of like it's tightening up or something like that? Then when you take them off it's itchy and red and terrible to tolerate?

Quoting goddess99:

Did a doctor tell you you had this allergy or did you figure it out on your own?

Quoting Redkrow23:

I'm glad. It is a first my senstivity/allergy has helped somebody lol.

Quoting goddess99:

Thank you so much, it does help.

Quoting Redkrow23:

I believe that every person is different when it comes to a breakout, but I'm allergic to nickel/silver or whatever and have different things that happen depending on how long I wear the jewelry. What I wear will start to feel heavier or tighter, make me itch really badly, leave markings, and might make it bad enough to make pus or some nasty stuff come out of it if I wear them for too long. It might turn red as well. You could be sensitive to it but is good you will talk to a doctor about it, especially if it only happens when you wear the rings or different pieces of jewelry with nickel in them. Hope this helped.






romalove
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:07 PM

My youngest daughter has had a horrible metal allergy since she was a baby.  When she was an infant, I noticed she had a rash down her torso that looked like little "o" rings.  Then I realized, her skin was reacting to the snaps on the onesie.  I buy her necklaces (she's 17) that are either full gold or I get her fabric necklaces with pendants.  It's not easy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)