Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Does school start back on Monday for your kids?

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:31 PM
  • 63 Replies

Anyone doing anything fun this weekend before they head back to school? 

My oldest is with his dad this weekend. But with the weather that is supposed to be hitting I think they will probably cancel school on Monday. He was so excited to go back after two weeks off! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep. school starts monday. I sure have enjoyed this break and im not ready. I hate school

MichelleMc
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Everyone locally went back Thursday. Of course my kid is our of school, but I just know from the posts LOL. We had bad snow storms & low temps, so there were 2 hour delays. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Schools in the area are already closing down. We are expected to be at -50 by Monday.

sissyboogs
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:35 PM

School starts Monday, and I'll be surprised if they don't cancel for Tuesday. Our high is supposed to be -2 which isn't as bad as some places, but most of the kids in my son's school walk, so I'm thinking they'll cancel. 

As for weekend plans, he went to stay with his grandma. 

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Holy crap that is cold!

Quoting goddess99:

Schools in the area are already closing down. We are expected to be at -50 by Monday.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:48 PM
They totally shut down school if we even get like 2 inches here lol. Not sure what will happen if we actually get close to what they are predicting.

Quoting MichelleMc:

Everyone locally went back Thursday. Of course my kid is our of school, but I just know from the posts LOL. We had bad snow storms & low temps, so there were 2 hour delays. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Oh those poor kids who walk.. that would be miserable!

Quoting sissyboogs:

School starts Monday, and I'll be surprised if they don't cancel for Tuesday. Our high is supposed to be -2 which isn't as bad as some places, but most of the kids in my son's school walk, so I'm thinking they'll cancel. 

As for weekend plans, he went to stay with his grandma. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 5, 2014 at 12:27 AM
Yes my oldest does.
thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 12:34 AM
Mine went back on Thursday, no snowstorms down this way (we might get a dusting).
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 2:38 AM
It's supposed too , but snow it expected so we'll see . We won't do anything intensely special. That 's kind of what Christmas was for ..,, getting new fun stuff.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)