Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Would you want to see a satanic statue in public?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:58 PM
  • 159 Replies
1 mom liked this

A satanic group based in New York wants a 7 foot statue of satan placed at the Oklahoma capitol building. It is in response to a Ten Commandments statue that was placed at the OK capitol in 2012.

An Oklahoma lawmaker has been quoted as saying, "I think we need to be tolerant of those who think different than us, but this is Oklahoma, and that's not going to fly here".

Here is the sketch of the proposed statue.

What do you think? Do you think if a Ten Commandments monument is placed, then monuments/statues representing other beliefs should be represented as well?

On a personal level, would you want to see a 7 ft satanic statue at a government building?

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:12 PM
3 moms liked this
I would not want to see this statue
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Well it's definitely different.

smgremminger
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 7:57 AM
No
CowgirlMama0508
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 8:00 AM
2 moms liked this
I live in OK. and my answer is hell no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Velvetfog
by New Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 8:15 AM
11 moms liked this

If it was placed there I'd love to see it, I think it would be hilarious. On a personal level I'd prefer not to see any religious monument outside a government building.

fudgybuddymom
by Linda on Jan. 7, 2014 at 8:49 AM
7 moms liked this

No that is promoting evil! I think we should tolerate other religions besides Christian ones but a satanic statue just promotes the wrong message of EVIL. Our country is founded on CHRISTIAN beliefs & Satanism is the antithesis of that.

kit_manson
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Satanism isn't evil.

Quoting fudgybuddymom:

No that is promoting evil! I think we should tolerate other religions besides Christian ones but a satanic statue just promotes the wrong message of EVIL. Our country is founded on CHRISTIAN beliefs & Satanism is the antithesis of that.

cupcake_mom
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:08 AM
4 moms liked this
I think it is a government building and no religious statues should be placed there!!!!!
fatcat0908
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:18 AM

It's just a statue, I see nothing crude or inappropriate about it. All I see is a diety, embracing children. 

baquick
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:21 AM
If any religious statues will be placed outside government buildings, then yes, they should all be represented.

That being said, the only reason I would want to physically see it is the artistic side and cultural meaning. I love learning about different cultures and religions. They fascinate me. Even if I don't believe them or think they are right for me, it would be interesting to learn more about it Kwim?

It's certainly a discussion piece.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)