Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Being lazy, nature or nurture?

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:57 PM
  • 15 Replies
I've been thinking about this all day:

Do you think being lazy is nature or nurture? We all know that part of our personality, we're born with, some are learned behavior. So where does lazy come in? Just curious since I'm a procrastinator by nature (is this part of being lazy?) but I do get the job done when I need to.
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 7, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Nature...I get lazy on weekends!

JTE11
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I am going to say procrastination isn't the same thing as being lazy. A procrastinator still understands something needs to be done but is putting it off. A truly lazy person just doesn't care and isn't planning on ever doing it. But to answer the question, I think it's probably both but probably more nurture because rarely are you going to get a real go-getter from a family of lazy parents and siblings who don't stress the importance of being a responsible person and doing things you're supposed to do. Just my opinion though, we'll see what other people think.

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 2:27 PM
NUTURE plays a larger role than genetic predisposition..

Sloth can be in genetics, but with proper and stable rules, it can be overcome by I 'd say....70% percent .

My son's bio father is the laziest man on the face of the earth... I left while I was six months pregnant .

My 14 yr old is the complete opposite of his father and does what I ask and takes full responsibility for his actions, and is COMMITTED ( his own word) never act or behave like his bio dad.
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 7, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Idk that's a good question. Maybe a little bit of both.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:57 PM

A little of both I guess.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Little bit of both.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:06 PM

nurture! I think this is true in my dhs case! his mom always did things for him therefore teaching him to be so!

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 8:54 AM

I'd say just nature...I get in that mode a lot....I just want to sit and shut it all down...lol

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I'd say nature

Twisties34
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Nurture. I have a friend who's parents did everything for her, now they are gone and she's in a flat on her own, has been in there since April. She's waiting on her sister to help her unpack when she comes on a holiday at the end of the month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN