Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

ok so I'm tired of being broke can someone maybe give advice

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:49 PM
  • 12 Replies
I can't for some reason go anonymously so dang lol anyway

I've been working and I'm trying to make a better living and stop living like I am I figured if I take 40 out of my check every time in 7 months I'll have 560. My question is is there another way to save more while paying bills and havin. To buy diapers? How did ya'll do it please help I'm on fs and I'd love to get off just so I'd stop feeling like sh** for the extra help even if I need it. We had to move back in with family just bbecause we couldn'. Afford it dh works now but it's not salary so he brings in any where from 100 200. Which goes to bills. Please be nice about this I'm trying and I need advice. Thanks. I'd like to buy a house eventually And make our kids proud of us. :-) I hate not being anonymouse lol
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heather77g
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:53 PM
its nothing to be ashamed of and insist on being anonymous. saving money and making a living is something everyone goes through and has to adjust a budget to. I think things have just gotten worse and worse... and its harder to make a living and save money at the same time. (Especially if you keep all the non-necessities) that we all want.

Good luck and just keep making sure you can put so much back and look into saving a bigger chunk of your taxes to give you a headstart on your savvings. :)

angiejones256
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:55 PM
My dad is taking most of our taxes this year since he's been helping us so much so I'm kinda sad about that but I'll try thanks. :-)

Quoting heather77g: its nothing to be ashamed of and insist on being anonymous. saving money and making a living is something everyone goes through and has to adjust a budget to. I think things have just gotten worse and worse... and its harder to make a living and save money at the same time. (Especially if you keep all the non-necessities) that we all want.

Good luck and just keep making sure you can put so much back and look into saving a bigger chunk of your taxes to give you a headstart on your savvings. :)

amberNewman0213
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:58 PM
Just save and look for better jobs maybe? It's practically impossiable to have a family and make less than 10.00 an hour to survive without help.

With being able to get help have u considered going back to school?
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:00 PM

We don't have anonymous in this group.

My suggestion would be make a budget plan, meal plan, and open a savings account so at least your money can get some interest. Good luck! It's difficult, I know.

DACIA79
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:13 PM

You may have to adjust it to fit your situation but  hopefully something you can pull off. As far a diapers I find really good deals at Costco and I joined Amazon Mom when my kids were little and I got 20% off of every box of diapers.52weekchallenge

angiejones256
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:15 PM
I need to get my G.E.D. Still dh and I had to sell our car because it kept breaking down and it was costing us mote to fix it then it's worth so my dads trying to help us get a car. I'd LOVE LOVE to get my diploma then go into nursing school that'. My passion :-) but with no car and having to work with two kids idk how to do it. :-(

Quoting amberNewman0213: Just save and look for better jobs maybe? It's practically impossiable to have a family and make less than 10.00 an hour to survive without help.

With being able to get help have u considered going back to school?
angiejones256
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:21 PM
That's an idea. Thanks.

Quoting goddess99:

We don't have anonymous in this group.

My suggestion would be make a budget plan, meal plan, and open a savings account so at least your money can get some interest. Good luck! It's difficult, I know.

angiejones256
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:22 PM
Hmmm thanks thats interesting I'll show this to dh.

Quoting DACIA79:

You may have to adjust it to fit your situation but its hopefully something you can pull off. As far a diapers I find really good deals at Costco and I joined Amazon Mom when my kids were little and I got 20% off of every box of diapers.52weekchallenge

Chelsey191
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:25 PM
This, also write a list of any debt you have in order from least amount to most. Make minimum payments on everything except the smallest one. Then pay off the smallest one like mad. When that one is paid off continue with the next one. Set a budget, a really strict budget and stick to it. Be really frugal, check all flyers prior to buying anything if you happen to get extra on a check or start making more money, do not spend it, continue to be as frugal as possible. You can do it but it takes a lot of discipline.

Quoting DACIA79:

You may have to adjust it to fit your situation but  hopefully something you can pull off. As far a diapers I find really good deals at Costco and I joined Amazon Mom when my kids were little and I got 20% off of every box of diapers.52weekchallenge

DACIA79
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Some agencies have something called a self sufficiency program. You get a caseworker that will help you organize your goals and give you help in how to reach those goals.

They have classes for money management things like that hopefully you can find one in your area.

Good luck

Quoting angiejones256: Hmm thanks that's interesting I'll show this to DH.

Quoting DACIA79:

You may have to adjust it to fit your situation but hopefully something you can pull off. As far a diapers I find really good deals at Costco and I joined Amazon Mom when my kids were little and I got 20% off of every box of diapers.52weekchallenge

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN