Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Missing Baby last seen with Toddler at home

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:52 AM
  • 10 Replies

Missing Baby Last Seen When Mom Reportedly Left Her Home With Toddler

by Jeanne Sager Friday at 1:49 PM

aniston walkerFew stories are as hard to read as those of missing children. Your heart can't help but go out to the parents waiting to hear that their child has been found. But it's hard to summon much sympathy for the mom of missing Tennessee baby Aniston Walker. The 7-month-old disappeared on Thursday and has yet to be found.

But her mother, 33-year-old Andrea Walker, is already in trouble with the cops. She's been charged with two counts of aggravated child abuse and two counts of aggravated child neglect or endangerment.

According to cops, Walker took her 5-year-old to school on Thursday, but left 7-month-old Aniston and her 3-year-old home when she did it! Then, when she came home to find Aniston missing, cops allege the mom went out looking for her ... and left the 3-year-old home alone again!

I'm not going to say she deserved for her child to go missing, but the possibility had to have crossed her mind?!

You don't leave a 7-month-old OR a 3-year-old home alone. There are a hundred different "what ifs" running through my head right now, and all of them end with the answer: those kids are too young to help themselves.

What if a fire broke out? What if the toddler turned on the water and the baby started to drown? What if one or both fell down the stairs? What if. What if. What if.

I hope Aniston is OK, and I'd never wish a missing child on anyone ... but I have to say I'm glad cops have hauled her mom in on charges. Being a victim of a crime doesn't give you a pass on committing them, especially not when kids' lives are at stake.

What should be done with Walker?

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:06 AM

very sad...that baby is precious...hope she is found ok...

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:23 AM

I would never wish something like this to happen to anyone ever and I am praying that the baby is returned/found safely.

I can not help to think what was the mother thinking. Leaving a 3yr old with a 7mth old while you physically leave your home is just crazy. I have a 3yr old and a 6mth old and I don't trust to leave them alone to long in a room together. I also have a 7yr old and would not even leave him home alone.

I definately believe she needs some type of help and hope she gets the proper assistance she needs to better care for her children but most of all I pray that nothing has happened to the baby because she will have to live with that for the rest of her life.

That baby is too adorable, I just want to pinch those cheeks.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:34 AM

wow sorry but she deserves to have her kids taken away if she's dumb enough to leave a 3 year old home ALONE with a 7 month old baby, I mean COME ON !!! Something is not right with that woman !!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm hoping that someone took her baby and will give it a good home, saved that poor thing from an atrocious mother.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 13, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Sterilized and off to jail.
mindful23
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Like to know the full story about this mom. Could be there's even more to this story than whats been told in this article. Sounds very suspicious.
celestegood
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:27 AM
Wow, may that sweet baby be found safely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:37 AM

Some parenting classes. the kind that are actually good.

Some community service. And maybe a fine. 

WIth checks on her and her kids periodically to make sure that she isn't continuing to leave those kids home alone.

What could have happened to this child? My baby wasn't walking until 9 months old. How could this child have left the house? 

I hope this baby is found safe and sound and in one piece and alive.

SendMeBabyDust
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:39 AM
breaks my heart
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baileymarie723
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:12 PM
I hope they find the baby, but that mother needs a swift kick in the ass and be asked WTF was she thinking?!?!?!?
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:41 PM

I am with you on this.

Quoting mindful23: Like to know the full story about this mom. Could be there's even more to this story than whats been told in this article. Sounds very suspicious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN