Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Let's CHAT: 1/14

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:17 AM
  • 117 Replies

Welcome to our Tuesday Coffee Break Chat!

What are you doing today?

What's on your mind?

Let's Chat!

how are you

by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Good Tueday Morning ladies!

My son was running around late this morning, so now I am trying to play catch up. Funny how that works. He is now off to school and I am the one behind schedule. Ha

What is everyone else doing this morning?

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Good Morning! I am playing catch up on a couple household chores. Have a PTO meeting tonight. Been spending my time with the newest member of the family. During Friday's chat I talked about waiting to foster a couple cats from our shelter, well that didn't happen but they posted pictures of 7 cats who had been there since summer. So dh, dd, and I went Saturday afternoon and adopted one. This is Lucy, she had been living in a cage for the last 6 months or so. Pics don't do her justice. She has the smallest squinshed up face, she kinda looks like a pug of the cat world lol she is soooo cute.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:58 AM

I am sorry you weren't able to foster but I think it is great you adopted one. She looks sweet.

How many animals do you have at home?

Quoting goddess99:

Good Morning! I am playing catch up on a couple household chores. Have a PTO meeting tonight. Been spending my time with the newest member of the family. During Friday's chat I talked about waiting to foster a couple cats from our shelter, well that didn't happen but they posted pictures of 7 cats who had been there since summer. So dh, dd, and I went Saturday afternoon and adopted one. This is Lucy, she had been living in a cage for the last 6 months or so. Pics don't do her justice. She has the smallest squinshed up face, she kinda looks like a pug of the cat world lol she is soooo cute.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:02 AM

We have 1 dog and 3 cats. My dh says We. Are. Done. lol ok. My mom wants to volunteer at the shelter and maybe someday I'll join her.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I am sorry you weren't able to foster but I think it is great you adopted one. She looks sweet.

How many animals do you have at home?

Quoting goddess99:

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I've been up since 4:30 for school schedule but I'm still waking up...lol

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Sounds like you need some coffee.  coffee

Quoting delanna6two:

I've been up since 4:30 for school schedule but I'm still waking up...lol

Kitty_Myrick
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:13 AM

My husband was home yesterday unable to walk, because he doesn't have gout. *rolls eyes* So he played Assassins Creed most of the morning, but then he watch Tinker Bell movies. lol and then we all passed out watching in the recliners. He went back to the game just before I started dinner.  And because he was home I got to play Sims for four hours.  Oh the place is a complete disaster but holly crape I got to play. I might get on again today to complete something I was working on, right now both my girls are a sleep still.

Oh, and my husband with his none gout foot limped off to work to fill in his time sheet and be in a 0700 meeting. He saids he's working all day. I think Whinny Mclimpy Limp Limp will be home by lunch. He forgot to take the Advil with him.

cat

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:19 AM

LOL oh this made me laugh so hard. Maybe he'll come home at lunch to grap his advil lol. I shouldn't laugh though, hope he feels better soon. Idk much about gout, does he need medicine or will it get better on it's own?

Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

My husband was home yesterday unable to walk, because he doesn't have gout. *rolls eyes* So he played Assassins Creed most of the morning, but then he watch Tinker Bell movies. lol and then we all passed out watching in the recliners. He went back to the game just before I started dinner.  And because he was home I got to play Sims for four hours.  Oh the place is a complete disaster but holly crape I got to play. I might get on again today to complete something I was working on, right now both my girls are a sleep still.

Oh, and my husband with his none gout foot limped off to work to fill in his time sheet and be in a 0700 meeting. He saids he's working all day. I think Whinny Mclimpy Limp Limp will be home by lunch. He forgot to take the Advil with him.

cat

Kitty_Myrick
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Lough all you want.  It's his own falt.  He refuses to go to the doctor. I told him yesterday that it was actually a good thing it was so bad yesterday. I could take him to the doctor and our son was in school.  He said no because back in 2005 when this all started he when to the ER because he couldn't walk and did the test and found nothing. He doesn't want to have test again. I don't blame him. But the doctor he had in the ER was a pup. I think an older doctor could diagnose him with out sticking a needle in his toe. 

I like how he acts like this is once in a blue moon. Like I can't see him limp.  Yes, he misses work like once or twice a year for it. But, he's in pain more often than that.

cat

Quoting goddess99:

LOL oh this made me laugh so hard. Maybe he'll come home at lunch to grap his advil lol. I shouldn't laugh though, hope he feels better soon. Idk much about gout, does he need medicine or will it get better on it's own?

Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

cat

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Eww a needle in the toe, yeah I don't think I'd be doing that test again either. Trying to get men to go to the doctor is like pulling teeth sometimes, I know.

Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

Lough all you want.  It's his own falt.  He refuses to go to the doctor. I told him yesterday that it was actually a good thing it was so bad yesterday. I could take him to the doctor and our son was in school.  He said no because back in 2005 when this all started he when to the ER because he couldn't walk and did the test and found nothing. He doesn't want to have test again. I don't blame him. But the doctor he had in the ER was a pup. I think an older doctor could diagnose him with out sticking a needle in his toe. 

I like how he acts like this is once in a blue moon. Like I can't see him limp.  Yes, he misses work like once or twice a year for it. But, he's in pain more often than that.

cat

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

cat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN