Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How Do You Maintain Moisture Rich Healthy Skin In The Winter Months?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 5:07 PM
  • 246 Replies

Many moms know that along with winter comes dry skin challenges. Check out what our influencer moms are doing to keep their skin hydrated through the winter.

How do you maintain healthy skin in the winter months? 

speed skating

by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
ANGIE007
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Hello my name is Alondra I was one of the lucky ones to try the Dove Beaty bar soap.  I live in Idaho where we have really cold winter and our skin gets dry up.  We have been using dove for about four days now and Im really happy with the results.  My skin gets really dry during winter and I had to apply moisturizer every day but with the Dove soap my skin feels clean, soft and moist.  

kyona_malone
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:53 PM

My daughter (9) and I really love the scent! We typically do not use bar soap because it leaves our skin feeling extremely dry. But we have been using the Dove Beauty Bar for a few days now and are pleased with the product. I've not only been using it on my body but my face as well. Believe me, that speaks volumes because my face breaks out easily, so I'm very particular about the products I use. Dear Dove.... I think you have a customer for life :)

suziejax
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 7:46 PM

My name is Susan friends most times end up calling me Suzie. I am a work from home mom of 2 teens ( and hopefully one more baby before its all said & done!!) I live in Raleigh NC.I have a few skin problems to tell you about. With aging skin my face is becoming drier as years go on. The weather here is so unpredictable in the winter but sometimes the temps can get so very low & cold and the air so dry windy & harsh. It truly does affect my skin in so many ways. I get dry, itchy red,blotchy hands that even sometimes become painful and bleed! Really the only thing I know to do in the winter for them is apply lots of lotion but at times the greasiness of it all is annoying and it doesn't always seem to help. I am so excited about this Dove beauty Bar program in hopes that it can help!

HeartofGold
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Everyone, My name is Kari and I am 39 years old. I live in Oregon where the weather is cold, wet and windy most of the year.

I am a Single mom and I have 3 kids. My oldest two dd's are adults and out on their own. My youngest is my only son who is 8 years old. I also have a 4 year old grandson.

I work full time outside of the home. I am coming up on my 5 year anniversary with my company next month. My days are so full trying to keep up with my daily tasks as a working single mom but it is so rewarding. 

In the last few years my skin has gotten extremely dry especially on my face. While I have not been offically diagnosed with this It appears as I have developed eczema on my face and hands. It is very difficult to keep my skin moisturized and smooth especially in the winter months.

I use to use lotions with fragrances but with this 'eczema' it would cause my face to become red and my skin would flare up. Right now I have been trying to control my dry skin with a cream my daughters doctor recommended when she was little and It does help I just wish It helped more and quicker. 

I have used Dove products off and on throughout my life and I am excited to participate in this influencer. Honestly, I am a little nervous to take videos of myself but am looking forward to this. 

sweetheart4171
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Hello My name is Peggy, I'm 42 years old with three children.   My husband and I have been together for 24 years and have been married for 18.  I was a SAHM for 14 years and have just recently went back to work so it has been somewhat of a transition. 

We live in Southern New Jersey where the winter has been quite cold this year, colder than normal.  I am constantly washing my hands so my skin is extremely dry especially during the winter months.  My routine doesn't change for the seasons, I moisturize my legs, arms, elbows, and sholders after every shower.  If I don't moisturize, especially my legs they become dry and itchy.  My face after washing feels tight especially around the eye and mouth area, so I moisturize plus apply anti aging cream since I want to combat the wrinkles before they start. 

I'm looking forward to this influencer and the Dove Beauty Bar program

JonesMama
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Hi! I'm Linnea. I live in Ohio with my husband of 11 years and our 8 year old son. It gets very cold here in the winter, and my skin gets extremely dry. I have to moisturize a lot! My skin can be pretty sensitive, so I try to avoid products with fragrances and dyes. 

I'm looking forward to this influencer!

MrsSufi
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Hi everyone. My name is Saraphinah (or Finah for short) and am 41 years old.  I live in Chicago with my husband, 16 yr old stepdaughter, our 2 yr old little girl and our new baby boy 18 weeks old.  I was working full time outside the home, but have decided to stay home now with both babies and just enjoy my little ones.
Most seasons its the busy city pollution that wrecks my skin
but my recent pregnancy seems to have left me with itchy skin as well.  I have naturally dry skin and feeling my age, so products with extra moisturizing and of course any anit-aging benefits is a plus.  I normally wash my face and apply lotion in the shower at night.  I use toner and face cream to shield my skin from the elements each morning.
We also are having a super cold winter here which zaps my skin of moisture. 
With small children I need an easy quick routine.  We all do our versions of skin care together at bath time as I feel it's never too early to start and it lets me get my skin care time in with the hectic mom life of a toddler and new baby.

Looking foward to the Dove influencer and trying their products. 

just.me.
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Hi,

I'm a 43 yo mom of 3 teens.  I live in CO and I do have very dry skin.  I use oils and natural products dry skin, even on my face.  I don't use bar soap now, I am dedicated to my facial skin regimen so I'm willing to give this a shot as a body bar instead of shower oil and body wash and hope I'll be pleasantly surprised!! 

ausomezombie2.0
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:33 PM

My name is Kate I'm from MA. I work part time, and am the mom of 2 girls...living in the NorthEast my skin has been awful this season. I use aloe vera mostly to help calm my dry skin but its only temporary...so ready to try something else and/or for this season to be over....

smurfy88
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:37 PM
My name is Jessica, I am 25 years old and live in California. I have a 6 year old daughter in 1st grade and I stay home and do online school. I am currently pregnant with my second child. Where I live in California we really don't have any drastic season changes. We have only had rain 3 days this winter and it's been pretty warm ever since. Since becoming pregnant my skin has been more dry so I've been using lotion at least once sometimes twice a day.
la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello everyone : ) I'm a SAHM of 4 wonderful children. I volunteer at my children's school. I love to read, write, hike and camp. I'm also very domesticated: I love to cook, bake and decorate.

I live in Maryland and in the winter, I try everything I can to keep my skin from getting dry!

I currently do not do anything different in the winter then I do from the summer except maybe apply lotion/coconut oil a bit more.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm 41 and we live where the winters are harsh so my skin takes a beating nine months out of the year. I even have prescription medicines to help. In the summer, spring, and fall I use which ever soap and body lotion I want. But once winter hits I need a shea butter body wash and the thickest hand cream out there. My hands crack and bleed almost daily so it's real bad. I have used some Dove products in the past so I'm excited to be a part of this influencer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)