Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How Do You Maintain Moisture Rich Healthy Skin In The Winter Months?

Posted by   + Show Post

Many moms know that along with winter comes dry skin challenges. Check out what our influencer moms are doing to keep their skin hydrated through the winter.

How do you maintain healthy skin in the winter months? 

speed skating

by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Replies (241-246):
Blbaker6
by New Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 7:14 PM
Hello! I am a SAHM of 4. Last year I was introduced to Melaleuca. This winter, I've been using their Renew lotion and am SO impressed!!!! First winter I've not had scaly skin and on top of that, it's the only lotion that completely rid my son of his eczema:)
Browncoat4eva
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:26 PM

I have an auto immune disease that can affect my skin, and if my skn dries out I get 'plaque' and itchy, irritating rashes that can last for weeks/months. 

Usually I just keep hydrated and rub my skin down daily with lotions that contain dimethicone (sp?).

Sometimes it still doesn't help with my legs and arms which can get really bad, so I rub them down with olive oil, wrap them with saran wrap, put on tight shirt or leggings to hold the wrap in place and go about my business.

A few hours later I take off the saran wrap & shower, they are so smooth and silky and moist for weeks. I don't need to do this more than 2/3 times per year but it helps better than any lotion I've ever tried.

Peace, and all that jazz...

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

...I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar...

cjcharlie1959
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Baby Oil and lotions. Some baby lotions or hydrating skin care products.

Sparkler16
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:58 PM

I use a gentle soap free cleanser.  Sorry Dove but bar soap really has never been somthing I like using.  I find it drying and to not rinse clean. I also use a face serum with Hyaluronic acid to lock hydration in followed by a light day moisturizer with spf.  In the evening i use my serum again and a richer night cream.  I also exfoliate with Beta Hydroxy Pads every other day to get rid of that top layer of dead skin cells so my products can penetrate better.

On the body I always go with a creamy body wash  and follow with coconut oil and the Dove cream oil body lotion actually!  I also use a body scrub about twice a week to exfoliate.

NativeMamaDuke
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 5:12 AM

I use lots and lots and LOTS of lotion or i put bath oils in my bath. the bath oils help the most but who has time to bathe every single day? haha

redrose2
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Hello my name is Andrea and I have really bad eczema ever since I moved to the state of Tenn. I started to use the Shea Moisture line for my hair and my girls as well as the skin products. It is all natural and very moisturizing I love it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)