Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Tomorrow is a new day thought...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:15 PM
  • 16 Replies

So i have heard that quote "tomorrow is a new day".. yeah in my case it never is. If I go to bed irritated from whatever happened the day before i wake up irriated and it tends to ruin my day. I have no clue how to get out of the "funk" as you would say. Ex: my kids have not listened all day, even tried grounding and that didnt work, they thought it was a joke, i literally had to stand in the hallway to make sure they stayed in their room doing what i told them to do. (as i have a million other things to do as well). So everyone is in bed now and yup im on here trying to relax. If tonight i go to bed still frustrated i will wake up horrible tomorrow and it just starts the day off bad.

How do i let it go. Whatever it was no matter how small? I cant seem to get a grip on it. I get up and im already yelling when my kids know the routine to get ready for school. Hasnt changed.

by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amberNewman0213
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:18 PM
U need a day off!!! Even the most super of moms need a break every once in awhile.
rdnkwskygrl
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:21 PM

i wish haha. im gogogogo. my day off is when they go to bed lol

Quoting amberNewman0213: U need a day off!!! Even the most super of moms need a break every once in awhile.

amberNewman0213
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:25 PM
I know the feeling. I have 2 toddlers under 3 and I'm 35 weeks with number 3. Plus hubs is a truck driver so I handle all the finances and housework and bills and shopping and then help hubs with his work as far as paperwork goes and running his errands when he is not here to do so. It gets crazy sometimes!

Quoting rdnkwskygrl:

i wish haha. im gogogogo. my day off is when they go to bed lol

Quoting amberNewman0213: U need a day off!!! Even the most super of moms need a break every once in awhile.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I second the you need time to yourself. You are frustrated. I have been there quite a lot, and you just need to go, and have a few hours to yourself. Take a walk, go get a coffee, whatever it takes to get you out of the house. HUGS!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Sounds like you need a day to yourself outside of the home.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:34 AM

I know the feeling as well.  I'm very frustrated right now about a bunch of things.  Here's a trick someone taught  me years ago she was a meditation teacher  : at night close your eyes and picture this :  put all your troubles in a "bubble"  and send it off away from you ; she used to tell me send it off in the universe, release yourself from these worries before going to sleep.  Easier said then done, but hey it's worth a shot.  It works for me sometimes.  

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Try to get someone to watch the kids for a while so you can leave by yourself. It does get easier as they get older. Ok maybe when they move out.

oscarsmom70
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:24 PM

I agree with the other posters about taking time for yourself.  It can be so overwhelming to be where you are!

Here is a great article that gives some advice on taking care of ourselves that may be helpful.

Sending you lots of hugs!!!

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:02 PM
You need a mom day!
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Its really hard to let it go! My work is a big example of this! I love my job but not the people in it and they act like high schoolers and even the boss is in their group! I deal with their crap 24/7 but I have learned that all I have done in the past is stress and bring it home to my kids and dh! So, I go to work and ignore their crap as much as possible and just do as I am asked bc I need that check! When I leave I leave it there and focus on what matters, my family! Its so hard but sometimes you have to dig deep and find it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)