Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Preschool

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:13 PM
  • 8 Replies

So my dd will be 3 in May and I am debating if I want to start her this year or next in preschool. Either way she will only go like 3 half days a week but everyone I talk to, even teachers!, claims sending her two years in a row could be pointless if I do not need to! Theres not much for her to learn! Opinions?

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
celestegood
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Bump we never did preschool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 17, 2014 at 6:32 AM

My son went twice a week when he was 4 and 3 times a week when he was 5.We sent Daniel 2 years in a row because of his summer birthday late July he wasnt accepted until right after his 6th Birthday for K.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:43 AM

I skipped the whole 3 year old in preschool thing. I sent my dd when she was 4 but it was all day, all week.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 2:46 PM

I would wait until 4.

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 2:51 PM

My daughter is an only child.  We did preschool when she was 4, mainly for the socialization.  She went 3 days a week, 9-12.  It was good for her.

12yrmama
by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 3:51 PM

I'm bais. I'm a pre-school teacher. So I think its VERY valuable. Even if you are teaching her home and getting socialization from other groups, etc. Before three its not a big deal, but if you can afford it and its only p-t then I would say yes. Almost all the 3-5 yr olds I know would go to school everyday they love it so much!

momofsunshine77
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 3:55 PM

My dd turned 3 in november,  I am waiting until next year for money reasons and she doesn't need to go 2 1/2 years before kindergarten. 

My almost 5 year old is currently in preschool and is only going 2 days a week for 1 year.  She is ready for kindergarten now.  I think it was worth it for her.  They are teaching her how to read and add.  She is learning stuff that I did not teach her.

grneyedormom
by Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 12:22 PM
My kiddo attended FT at 3 and 4 and it was the best thing for her. I'm also biased regarding preschool for kids at age 3. You need to make a decision that works best for your child and your family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN