Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What Does Your Husband Say That Drives You Insane?

10 Things Husbands Say That Drive Their Wives NUTS

by Mary Fischer

husband and wife

Ugh ... marriage. It definitely has its fair share of ups and downs, to say the least. Then there are all the annoying bits that go along with sharing your life with one person year after year after year.

You know what I'm talking about, right? I'm referring to stuff your spouse does that drives you absolutely bananas -- in particular, things he says over and over again to the point where he really starts sounding like a broken record.

Oh come on, don't tell me your husband doesn't have some sort of trademark phrase that you wouldn't exactly miss if it never came out of his mouth again.

Take a look at these 10 common things men say to drive their wives bonkers and see if any of them happen to ring a bell.

1. "Do you want me to ... xyz?" -- OMG. This is the worst. "Do you want me to take out the trash? Do you want me to make dinner? Do you want me to walk the dog?" It's basically his way of saying he really doesn't feel like doing something, but figures if he asks, he won't look like a total jerk. You will probably reply with, "No, I'll do it myself" -- letting him off the hook.
  2. "We need to ..." -- Yeah, you know if he says "we," he's referring to you, not himself. "We need to pay the mortgage." "We need to buy a birthday gift for my mom." "We need to book the babysitter for Friday night."
  3. "What do YOU want?" -- Why do husbands insist on answering a question with a question? We ask them what they want to have for dinner, and they say, "What would YOU like to have?" Make a damn decision, for once.
  4. "You never told me that." -- Translation: "I wasn't listening to a single word you said, because I never do."
  5. "Where is xyz?" -- This is his way of getting you to look for something so he doesn't have to. Smart dude.
  6. "Well I thought you wanted to ..." -- It’s like he’s saying "I really wanted to do this other thing you mentioned in passing but if you want to TOTALLY change the plans because you think it will make me happier then fiiiiiine."
  7. "See?" -- Said after a problem we have manages to work itself out. It has kind of a condescending tone, like, "Silly girl and all your worrying."
  8. "Yes, dear." -- Quit trying to pacify us and grow a backbone, for crying out loud.
  9. "I don't know how." -- Dude. Seriously? I'm not your mother. Figure it out.
  10. "Whatever you want, honey." -- This is code for, "I'm not in the mood to argue with you right now. Hopefully this will shut you up."

What does your husband say that drives you insane?

by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Replies (11-14):
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 7:10 AM
The only phrase he utters regularly us " I'm about to leave (work) in a minute" and I know full well he's gonna get caught up in another project and he won't make it home for another two and half hours.
la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Where is xyz lol

tia16
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 4:01 PM
"Hold on".."I will in a minute"..."can't we talk about it tomorrow"...
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jan. 30, 2014 at 1:41 PM

"You never told me that."

95% of the time, I did tell him....more than once.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)