Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Chicken and Dumplings

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 9:23 PM
  • 13 Replies
How do you make yours?
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
celestegood
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I cook boneless skinless chicken breasts all day. Then take the chicken out and cut it up. Then I take biscuit dough (made from scratch) cut in strips and drop strips of it in the boiling water.
I do add bouillon cubes sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 17, 2014 at 9:53 PM

This sounds good!

Quoting celestegood: I cook boneless skinless chicken breasts all day. Then take the chicken out and cut it up. Then I take biscuit dough (made from scratch) cut in strips and drop strips of it in the boiling water.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
It is:)

Quoting goddess99:

This sounds good!

Quoting celestegood: I cook boneless skinless chicken breasts all day. Then take the chicken out and cut it up. Then I take biscuit dough (made from scratch) cut in strips and drop strips of it in the boiling water.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
colins_mom
by Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:38 PM
I get chicken tenders and.cook them on the stove.with.some.onion and butter. Once the.chicken is.cooked mostly through i toss it in a crock pot or stew pot (depending on how quick i want it done) then i drain most thw fat out and use chicken stock to make a gravy with the onion and fat in the pan. I toss that and carrots, peas, and corn plus what ever other fresh veggie i feel like in the crock pot or stew pot. If its in the crock i let it cook for about 2 hours then i toss in the.biscuit dough in little dollops and let it cook till its done .
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Sure does!

Quoting goddess99:

This sounds good!

PAmommy32
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Boil bone in chicken until its done.  Take out the chicken and remove from the bone.  Let the water cool a bit and skim off the fat, put the fat into a 1/2 cup measuring cup and fill the rest with the cooking water.  Put the fat/water with an egg, 1 cup flour and some salt and that is your dough.  Roll out the dough on flour and cut it into strips.  Put the strips, chicken, chopped carrots, and chopped celery into the cooking water and boil until done.  It should be thick like a stew.  My grandma's recipe, YUM.

johnny4ever
Beautiful day!
Yesterday at 8:35 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 18, 2014 at 3:22 PM
Makes me hungry
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 18, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Love them, but never made them.

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Chicken broth in a big pot to boil, Canned chunk chicken(so much easier and faster than boiling chicken) and torn up tiny pieces of buisits in the boiling water. Yum!!! Grew up that way too. the first time i ever heard or tasted the kind that is rolled out and cut in squares is my husbands grandmothers recipe. Its ok but i like the buiscut way better. Way more flavor

ABCMomma0211
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 1:43 AM

Okay, the strips are POT PIE, not dumplings....

I cook my chicken on the bone, in a pot for three to four hours, take the meat off the bone. bonless chicken just doesn't taste the same.....i don't drain anything either, put it back in the water, pour in some stock/broth, chopped up onion/celery, eggs, potatoes (if i want them) some salt/pepper/adobe....that boils/simmers all day long, then i juse use bisquick, and spoon in the dumplings, and stir so dumplings so they don't stick to each other.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)