Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Chicken and Dumplings

Posted by   + Show Post
How do you make yours?
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Replies (11-13):
preacherskid
by Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 1:54 AM

I use leftover chicken thighs and legs.  Saute carrots, celery, onions, garlic, toss the chicken (bones and all) into the pot with water.  Bring to a boil, pull chicken out and shred it from the bone, toss it back in.  The dumplings are based off an egg noodle recipe my mom used.  I throw salt, pepper, sage, oregano, basil, marjoram, bay leaves, parsley in and simmer.  The dumplings are the last to go in, I make an egg noodle dough and drop it in nickel to quarter sized balls into the water and cook until the dumplings are all floating.  Still not quite as good as my mom's lol.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jan. 30, 2014 at 1:29 PM

I make mine in the crockpot. I put chicken breasts, chicken broth, two cans of cream of chicken soup and a chopped up onion in a crockpot. When it's almost done I either use the refrigerated biscuits or make my own biscuit dough and drop small clunks into the crockpot and push it under the liquid. Then I let it continue until the biscuits are cooked through. It's soooo good and so easy!

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 1:35 PM
  • I cook a whole chicken in the crock pot, then I debone it and set meat aside. 
  • saute onions, carrots, celeri add broth and seasoning, simmer  until veggies are tender
  • then I thicken the soupy base and add the chicken and let simmer
  • I make dumpling dough from scratch and spoon drop them in a separate pot of chicken broth
  • I fill out a deep dish or bowl with the chicken & sauce then place dumplings on top
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN