Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Anyone have an Oculus Rift?

Posted by   + Show Post

We are getting ours next week, can't wait.

Here's a video of someone wearing it and playing a scary video game. Be warned, Felix is not exactly G rated lol.

by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Replies (21-28):
celestegood
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Wow that sounds cool. Has he ever won a competition?
I can't even look at the screen when my son plays. Some commercials cause it. It's frustrating.

Quoting goddess99:

My dh is a hardcore gamer, he even does competitions. There are some games I like but I'm more of a gamer who doesn't know what they're doing lol.

Motion sickness seems to be a big complaint with the oculus so you probably wouldn't be able to use it.

Quoting celestegood: No we're not. I take it you two are :) my bestie and her hubby are. It's a fun thing to do together.

I get motion sickness from looking at video games. There's a word for it but its so bad.

Quoting goddess99:

It is pretty cool =) Are you or your dh gamers?

Quoting celestegood: No but I'm sure it's cool

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 19, 2014 at 1:16 PM

No he hasn't yet. That does sound frustrating!

Quoting celestegood: Wow that sounds cool. Has he ever won a competition?
I can't even look at the screen when my son plays. Some commercials cause it. It's frustrating.

Quoting goddess99:

My dh is a hardcore gamer, he even does competitions. There are some games I like but I'm more of a gamer who doesn't know what they're doing lol.

Motion sickness seems to be a big complaint with the oculus so you probably wouldn't be able to use it.

Quoting celestegood: No we're not. I take it you two are :) my bestie and her hubby are. It's a fun thing to do together.

I get motion sickness from looking at video games. There's a word for it but its so bad.

Quoting goddess99:

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 19, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Oh I know, I can't wait to get it =) Are you and your dh gamers?

Quoting alf2651:

That actually looks pretty awesome! 

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 19, 2014 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting goddess99:

It's a device for virtual reality gaming.

Quoting goodmama85: Neither have I

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Never heard of it.

I'm sure my husband knows what it is. He is big gamer. He plays all those games online.
celestegood
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Mostly I just look away fast as I can. Although fresh air and taking a short walk helps.
It's a actually pretty common. It's called I think simulation sickness?

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting goddess99:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alf2651
by Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, we are! 

Quoting goddess99:

Oh I know, I can't wait to get it =) Are you and your dh gamers?

Quoting alf2651:

That actually looks pretty awesome! 

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 19, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Interesting, never heard of that before. Glad you have found what helps.

Quoting celestegood: Mostly I just look away fast as I can. Although fresh air and taking a short walk helps.

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting goddess99:

celestegood
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's becoming more and more common these days as technology gets more and more realistic.

Quoting goddess99:

Interesting, never heard of that before. Glad you have found what helps.

Quoting celestegood: Mostly I just look away fast as I can. Although fresh air and taking a short walk helps.

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting goddess99:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)