Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My Son Throat

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 10:59 AM
  • 6 Replies

My son is 9 month old and he was choking on a piece of bread and i put my finger into his mouth but when I did I think i kinda scratch it. How do I know if I scratch it?

by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
preacherskid
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 11:04 AM

You can't tell.  I would recommend taking a course on infant cpr and heimlich.  Putting your finger in his mouth when you think he is choking is not recommended as you can injure him by scratching him or push the object farther down.

JaxsonMomma
by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Thank you. I need to take those class because I get scared when I see my little man hurt

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 18, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I agree with pp. Plus I think he's way too young for bread. I didn't even start baby food until my dd was 1 year old.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:50 PM

This!

Quoting goddess99:

I agree with pp. Plus I think he's way too young for bread. I didn't even start baby food until my dd was 1 year old.

amonkeymom
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 3:37 PM

I definitely agree on the infant/child CPR training, I think all new parents should take it!

Also, he's probably a bit too young for such foods as bread.  At his age, most babies are only eating pureed baby foods or are exclusively breast/bottle fed.

JaxsonMomma
by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank everyone for your advice. I don't want everyone to think that i gave him a whole piece of bread. It was only a tiny bit but i guess he got alittle bit more then i thought. He only 9 months with 7 teeth and walking so i didn't think he would choke because he chews his little biscuit that they give kids that walk and have teeth and he never chock on that. I am not trying to be mean just wanted to kinda give you guys more information and so it didn't seem like i am a bad mom or anything

I will look into the class though. Those will really help alot. Thank you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN