Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Tell the truth, have you ever done their homework for them?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 3:00 PM
  • 54 Replies

Tell the truth ladies, have you ever done your kids homework for them or maybe a school project?

If you admit to it, what grade did you get and what was the homework/project?

by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Jan. 20, 2014 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I've done my preschooler's homework on quite a few occasions. He's in daycare/preschool and I get frustrated that he's even getting homework. He gets frustrated when I correct him sometimes, so to make our lives easier, I just do it sometimes.
He also gets homework from his speech therapist once a week, and I never do that for him, just with him.
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 20, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Yes last year 3rd grade math.I was also called out on it.I was explaining in the marjains how to work a algebra problem and I did 3 of them.
Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Jan. 20, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Oh, I've never done my older son's homework for him.
Meg2011425
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 3:34 PM
My one and only is in preschool. He doesn't really get homework only practice work I help him with it and his speech homework, but I've never done it. I've gotten frustrated with him but I've never done it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 20, 2014 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I help so she understands, but I don't do homework. I helped make a teepee for a project but I did the least amount of work because she had to explain how it was made so I was just the extra set of hands holding sticks lol.

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 3:52 PM
No . We've done " family projects ". :-D ds did the research and written work and we all pitched in on the decorative stuff. Once. " we" got a B and I was so mad! Haha!

Many teachers here use a Rubric scale and creativity is " defined " I hated that because creativity is subjective and cannot be. "defined" when dealing with students who may not have access to a computer/ color printer.

His basic homework was his, even if we sat at the kitchen table for five hours over two worksheets. ( ADHD )
rocamom
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 3:58 PM
Nope. I help out with a project but my kids have to do the work.
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Jan. 20, 2014 at 4:49 PM

I offer suggestions when asked for help with projects but I don't do it for them.

Roo1234
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Nope. I will give them encouragement and guidance, but nothing is accomplished by not having them do the work
Senile-felines
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Ditto

Quoting rocamom: Nope. I help out with a project but my kids have to do the work.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)