Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Leaving Kids In The Car

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 7:47 PM
  • 42 Replies
2 moms liked this

So this has been a hot topic everywhere, here, online, etc! I just can not stand the idea of leaving any child in the car unless they are of teenage age! I mean I have little ones and I do not care if I can see them from inside the store! I pay at the pump and if I HAVE to go in I haul my 2 year old dd with me and get the baby out of the pumpkin seat and do it! I usually will go to a fast food joint if I am after drinks and snacks, like McDonalds has apples and chocolate milk which is a great choice for my dd and I do not have to take her out and I get a sweet tea! Less than $4 and done! I think there are always options! And personally I see no excuse bc you NEVER know what could happen! : /

by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Your right! There is no exuse! I live in a small town and i the gas station in my town is small and from the car to the inside and checkout counter its about 13 feet away litterally where you can see and there is no way in heck that im gonna leave my kids in the car. Poeple are so dumb.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 20, 2014 at 8:10 PM

People just do not get that it only takes a second! I get crap bc my 2 1/2 year old is always put in the cart/stroller with my 7 month old! I think she is too small to be walking out in public! Even when dh is with me! It does not matter if I am holding her hand bc it only takes a second for someone to grab her and at places like the Zoo distraction is constant! I will let my dh take her out to look at animals but I always strap her back in until we get to the next exhibit!

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Your right! There is no exuse! I live in a small town and i the gas station in my town is small and from the car to the inside and checkout counter its about 13 feet away litterally where you can see and there is no way in heck that im gonna leave my kids in the car. Poeple are so dumb.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 20, 2014 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I hate seeing LOs in cars by themselves!

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 8:21 PM

I totally agree! I did the same and i used that kid leash thing too. People never know whats gonna happen until it does and then they have the what-ifs. My husband has a old 80s dodge truck. We have a trash can on wheels to store our trash during the week because the big trash can is far away from the house. Every weekend he will load the trash in his truck and take it to the dumpster out back. He takes our 5 yr old for the ride. She sits in her high back booster seat. He got out to put the trash in the dumpster and she reached over and pulled the gear shifter and the truck went in reverse. Scared the hell outa her and him. She gets out with him now.

Sister_Someone
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 8:23 PM
3 moms liked this

Fine. I think it's no big deal under certain circumstances. If the car is parked where I can see it, keys in my hand, adequate temperature, and it's gonna be a quick in-and-out, I personally wouldn't take my kid out. I think it's more dangerous to drag a fussy toddler into a busy parking lot than leave him in the car under those circumstances.

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:35 AM
Its scary how many people do it. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:37 AM

I have seen some young kids in cars

vermontmoms
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:45 AM
My boys are 10 and on a two occasions I have left them in the car. I have really tinted windows so you can't see them in the third row. Every time they had a hand held device so they sit and played the 2mins I was gone.
Kelly1329
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:00 AM
No no leaving kids in the car is not good ever anything can happen and there are way to many messed up people in this world for me even if it is real quick
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:05 AM

I agree here.

A lot of people emphasis this when it's hot outside... but what about when it's cold outside? it's freezing here. My son's school was closed today and probably will be tomorrow as well considering the temp will be between 4° and 14° while he has school... and that is without the wind chill. With the windchill it will be ...-14° to -1° (F)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)