Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Leaving Kids In The Car

Posted by   + Show Post

So this has been a hot topic everywhere, here, online, etc! I just can not stand the idea of leaving any child in the car unless they are of teenage age! I mean I have little ones and I do not care if I can see them from inside the store! I pay at the pump and if I HAVE to go in I haul my 2 year old dd with me and get the baby out of the pumpkin seat and do it! I usually will go to a fast food joint if I am after drinks and snacks, like McDonalds has apples and chocolate milk which is a great choice for my dd and I do not have to take her out and I get a sweet tea! Less than $4 and done! I think there are always options! And personally I see no excuse bc you NEVER know what could happen! : /

by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
Thinpatience183
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:06 AM
No not ever a good idea
charleyangel317
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Agreed

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Same here, my windows are tinted and if I leave DD in the car,  the car is locked and I can see her from where I'm at ( ATM, cashier etc.)  She's also 10 years old, not 2. I never left DD in the car as a baby.  

I had seen this report one time about a mom who left her kid in the car and a car jacker took the car, it scarred me for life.

Quoting vermontmoms: My boys are 10 and on a two occasions I have left them in the car. I have really tinted windows so you can't see them in the third row. Every time they had a hand held device so they sit and played the 2mins I was gone.

JaxsonMomma
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:46 AM

I would never leave my son in the car. I usually go to the gas station with my husband but if he is not with me then my son will be going in too. Even if he crying and fighting me. Too many kids are being taking away from cars these day..

LovingLife88
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I am from a small town. I see nothing wrong with it.

Quoting Sister_Someone:

Fine. I think it's no big deal under certain circumstances. If the car is parked where I can see it, keys in my hand, adequate temperature, and it's gonna be a quick in-and-out, I personally wouldn't take my kid out. I think it's more dangerous to drag a fussy toddler into a busy parking lot than leave him in the car under those circumstances.

vermontmoms
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:37 PM
Ditto, never left mine till just recently and only 2 times for a quick second. I also had them sit on floor and lay down in third row so no one knew they were in there.

Quoting Jinxed8:

Same here, my windows are tinted and if I leave DD in the car,  the car is locked and I can see her from where I'm at ( ATM, cashier etc.)  She's also 10 years old, not 2. I never left DD in the car as a baby.  

I had seen this report one time about a mom who left her kid in the car and a car jacker took the car, it scarred me for life.

Quoting vermontmoms: My boys are 10 and on a two occasions I have left them in the car. I have really tinted windows so you can't see them in the third row. Every time they had a hand held device so they sit and played the 2mins I was gone.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:40 PM
I have done that when our oldest is in the car. He's seventeen. Lol he can drive so I'm sure he's ok alone.
And our eleven year old too.
Our younger two almost always go in with me. Unless they want to stay in the car with their oldest brother:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommie2madison
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Presumption of danger is just that - a presumption.  If there are no obvious & apparent dangers, I don't have a problem with each parent deciding for themselves.  But - whatever suits you for your kids, whatever suits me for mine.  

mrsnoble2004
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I drag all 4 of mine in with me, that's my choice I'm not going to knock anyone for theirs. On that same note if you leave your child in the car you aren't going to get a lot of sympathy from me if something happens. 

AmyG1976
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:02 PM

in 18 years of having kids from age 9-18 as well as babysitting and at two different times having a foster child needing to run here an there with kids I have NEVER left one alone in a car before having there own driver lic and I survived :). Dont have kids if you dont want to deal with them :)   my ex as a child was left in car at the gas pump dad went into pay. dumb*** behind them filled a running car while smokeing a fire started it spread to his car he just happened to notice and get it right before his dads car was in flames he was lucky not everyone is. anything can happen anywhere. Our old small very small I knew almost everyone in the entire town at the one and only groc store someones car was stolen out of the parking lot Thank god they knew enough to take there two year old and four year old in for that quick run...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN