Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Leaving Kids In The Car

Posted by   + Show Post

So this has been a hot topic everywhere, here, online, etc! I just can not stand the idea of leaving any child in the car unless they are of teenage age! I mean I have little ones and I do not care if I can see them from inside the store! I pay at the pump and if I HAVE to go in I haul my 2 year old dd with me and get the baby out of the pumpkin seat and do it! I usually will go to a fast food joint if I am after drinks and snacks, like McDonalds has apples and chocolate milk which is a great choice for my dd and I do not have to take her out and I get a sweet tea! Less than $4 and done! I think there are always options! And personally I see no excuse bc you NEVER know what could happen! : /

by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Replies (21-30):
aiden032809
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:16 PM
I see it a lot but I will never leave my kid in the car alone. Way too much can happen in a matter of seconds ...
awesomemommy2
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:20 PM
I went to the ATM yesterday. Normally its drive up but this was one where the machine was in the bus station glass thing outside bank. I pulled up and left all 4 kids in car and took keys with me and locked car. Kids and car were always in my line of sight and I was gone all of 2 minutes.

You can't win here. If I got them out and made them stand in the cold and rain with me I would be a bad mother. Leave them in car I am a bad mother.
ForeverSleepy
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:16 PM

I have an 8 and a 7 year old and if I need to run into a store for a minute where I can see them and they want to stay in the car, I will let them. My 1 yr old on the other hand, will always come in with me where ever whenever no matter what.

kaseyleigh04
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:46 PM
You are so right. It drives me Up the wall.
finnbar
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Oh good grief.
My three year old rides in a carseat in the rear of my camry.
He is strapped in. He cannot unbuckle himself. He cannot reach the car controls.
I lock the doors and go in to pay for gas.
Nobody is going to kidnap him in that span of time.
It would be EASIER for a kidnapper to grab him out of my hands as I walked in the parking lot than to smash open a car window, unbuckle him, and haul him off.
Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:33 AM
I don't have a car because I'm way too chicken to drive, but even if I did, I would never leave my kid in a car alone.
mindful23
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:39 AM
Not a smart move at all.
whoodathunk
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Mine are 10 & 12 and I've just started leaving them in the car in select places.  At the mall?  No.  At WaWa?  Yes.  Others depend on the time of day, location, time I'll be inside, etc.  Friends leave theirs in the car under 5, I think it's just too dangerous.  Even at 10 & 12, I'm not sure that they'd always make the right decision in an emergency but we're working on it. 

Purplepanda170
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Quoting splatz: Its scary how many people do it. :/

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Only my teens...or if teens are in with the youngest briefly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN