Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I steal her clothes

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:36 PM
  • 74 Replies

My daughter is almost 17 yrs. old and she is the tackiest person besides my husband that I know.  I love her more than anything and she is beautiful.  She finds something that she likes and wears it over and over and over.  She is not girly at all. So when she finds something it's usually ugly.   I am tired of taking her clothes because that just causes arguments.  I am just so embarrassed.   Any Advice?-

Susan

by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leanntx
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:40 PM
16 moms liked this
Umm, let her have her own style. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad.
korra2013
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Throw out all her clothes and get a new wardrobe. Who doesn't love shopping?
LadyReal
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:22 AM
9 moms liked this

If she is comfortable with herself and style I would just let her be.  Remember there could be worse things than her clothing that could be more of a bother to you.

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree.

Quoting LadyReal:

If she is comfortable with herself and style I would just let her be.  Remember there could be worse things than her clothing that could be more of a bother to you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Okie-chick
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Who buys the clothes? Maybe she needs a little help with knowing what to wear and what not to wear
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for your daughter!I like the grungy style myself.

3xangel
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting leanntx: Umm, let her have her own style. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad.
Jbinluvbtx3
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:52 AM
2 moms liked this
I have a niece who is what you'd say a book nerd. She's 13 but over the years she always had her own style from wearing converse sneakers with neon colred clothes looking like punky brewster to wearing kaky short and a plaid shirt to wearing skirts and flowery shirts with nice Pants to now she just shopped at Hot Topic. Now wearing black boots pants Shirts and nail polish but she's still my niece and still a book nerd and I love everything about it
Let her be herself that's how they learn to find who they are. Just be proud of it regardless I'm sure the day will come when she asks you to help her shop for clothes and if it doesn't who cares its who she is
Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Lol let her b her No matter how tacky her ugly u think her style is its not u
emilysmom8
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Let her chose her own style.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)