Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I really need advice!!!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:11 AM
  • 11 Replies
I have had my tubes tied for 5 years. And my period is normally on time. But this month nothing. I have been having pains and feeling sick but I don't want to rush to the doctor and waste my money. It scares me to think I may be pregnant in my tubes. Will an at home test detect a pregnancy of the tubes..
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:35 AM

My Mom got pregnant a few years after her tubes were tied.I would call nurse to do a blood test.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Idk, I would just go buy a test and see. Good luck!

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Maybe, sometimes it doesn't. Are you in any pain or just late?

kaseyleigh04
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Im 3 weeks late and have been having pains that aren't normal.
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:08 PM

do a test - yes it will - it's the hormone it detects whether it's a tubal pregnancy or a regular pregnancy

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

if you are in pain and late I would say a doctor visit is in order. They can do an ultrasound to make sure there isn't anything there.

Quoting kaseyleigh04: Im 3 weeks late and have been having pains that aren't normal.

rocamom
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:45 PM

I would take a pregnancy test and call your Dr right away.  If you aren't pregnant you want to know what's going on.  GOOD LUCK!

kaseyleigh04
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:43 PM
Quoting Jinxed8:

do a test - yes it will - it's the hormone it detects whether it's a tubal pregnancy or a regular pregnancy

Thanks
ClaribelC
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:52 AM
Do a test at home if its positive, RUN to Dr. Tubal pregnancy is dangerois, ignoring it wont make it go away!
notjstanothrmom
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:54 AM

I would see a doctor no matter what. Hormone levels in a tubal can be extremely low and not picked up by a home test, though many times it is, sometimes it's not and you don't want to assume that if it was negative it rules it out.

Hopefully it's nothing. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)