Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Help with sad 16 year old girl

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:08 AM
  • 7 Replies

am needing a little help.  I have a 16year old daughter been seeing a guy for bout 6 months.   the guy is turning 18 and is starting to go out and have fun with his friends.  so becuase of this they have broken up several times and gotten back to together.  Well sunday they broke up again.  my daughter is devested.  she thinks she can not live with out him.  she is so depressed.  i asked if she has thoughts of hurting her self.  she has said yes.  this time when they broke up- i was like this is it, yal can not continue to keep doing this.  so i have told my daughter to take a break for a while.  Let both of them experience life a little.

I need help !

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:31 AM

typical teenage romance ... yeah it's not easy.  She thinks she's gonna die of a broken heart.  Keep an eye on her but make sure she is surrounded by friends and you give her support, try to change her mind somehow. 

johnny4ever
Today at 9:27 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:31 AM
I am freaking out over your response to her may wanting to hurt herself.When I was 18 I punched the window out of his house because he was cheating.We broke up several times also.Sounds like he likes seeing her hurt.
othermom
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:33 AM

If she is having thoughts of hurting herself I would maybe look in to counsling.

MizzSuzy
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:39 AM
What 16 year old doesnt go through this. She will get over it and in the mean time i would let her hang out with her friends so she can know she is not alone.
TRAVELMOM817
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Why would u ask her if she thought about hurting herself? That's weird.
woodswalker
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Get her some therapy.   She shouldnt be mad because a boyfriend likes to go out and have fun with friends.   She will never have a normal relationship if she cant give a guy a little space.

rocamom
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Does she have any girl friends?  Why no try to plan a girls night and ask a friend or two to sleep over.  Maybe this will help get her mind off of him.  I would also keep a SUPER close eye on her if she is thinking of hurting herself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN