Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What Do You Look For In A Soap? **NOW UPDATED WITH VIDEO!!**

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:14 PM
  • 243 Replies
2 moms liked this

When it comes to soap, most of us moms buy it based on either price, hydration, clean feel, convenience, scent, and even loyalty to what you grew up with. What about you?

What is important to you in a soap? 

We gave 200 moms Dove Beauty Bars to try at home and compare to their current soap.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:57 PM

My favorite part about the Dove Beauty bar is the scent. It smells incredible and I'm attracted to clean scents with a strong but nice scent.  I started by just using it on my face but have now moved to using it all over. I feel more moisturized and my husband said my skin feels softer. I am all about soft skin, I love when my skin is soft.  Dove is my favorite soap brand and  using the beauty bar just solidified that for me, I like feeling soft and I like feeling like soap does not dry up my skin and those are the results I get from Dove. I feel clean and moisturized after using this and I love the way it feels after washing my face especially.

MamaBear2cubs
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:55 PM

I would first like to say Dove has long been my favorite beauty product, I usually buy the liquid soap and I'm kinda embarrassed to admit I have not bought bar soap in years lol. I was most impressed by the scent of the beauty bars, it smelled nice and fresh as opposed to some of the more perfume based scents of other soaps. The beauty bar left my skin feeling soft and refreshed and even helped smooth some of the rough patches on my elbows and knees. I am very impressed by the size as well, it is pretty big and should last awhile, if I can keep my Husband away from it lol. I loved this product and really feel it keeps with the quality I expected from the Dove brand!

kiddo0820
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:00 PM
I like the sent and how it goes on my skin smooth and washes off easy without leaving that soapy residue like other soaps I've used in the past.

I used the dove beauty bar on my face and body and I really liked it, a lot of bath soaps leave my skin feeling dryer, but not dove.

The dove beauty bar made my skin noticeably soft, the first time I used it. My husband rubbed my arm and asked me if I have been using a new lotion, after I told him about the dove, he told me I should buy that from now on (I also caught him using it that night lol)

I went and used it as soon as I got it in the mail excited to see if there was a difference compared to my other soap and there was, with my other soap my skin would feel dry, tight and itching, when I got out of the shower, but with the dove beauty bar, it kinda felt like I showered with lotion and I noticed a few ours later that my skin was softer. I'm really liking dove.
othermom
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I like the scent of the Dove Beauty bar, It smells really good. I have been using it on my body and it makes my skin feel soft and smooth. I like that there is a light scent after rinsing, it smells good and is thas beena  great way to get clean and smelling good again after working out. I usually use body wash  and the Dove beauty bar does a better job of keeping my skin soft.

I like to have a soap that smells good and makes my skin feel clean and soft

cowgirls10181
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Soap must clean the body and leave a fresh sent and leave the hands and body feeling clean. I love the lasting smell from the soap! My bathroom smells wonderful day andnight now! My body smelled wonderful tell this morning, not I cant smell the soap any longer on my skin, but the soap smell stays with me longer than previous soaps. My hands are dry but my normal winter hands are dry, hoping I don't have to break out the hand lotion bar this week! 

My skin needs to feel smooth and not dry and scratchy, if its scratchy I will itch it which causes scabs and people look at me strange when I have scabs on my arms in the spring! Thankfully they don't notice them under the long sleeve shirts all winter! So far my skin feels moist and smooth the itchy spots I had are not itching today which is a plus! 

smurfy88
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:45 PM
What I look for in a soap is something that smells good, makes my skin feel clean, and doesn't cause me to breakout.

What I liked best about doves bar soap is that is doesn't leave that soap scum feeling on your skin like most bar soaps do. I did not use dove on my face, I only used it as a body wash. My skin felt clean after using it, but I didn't notice a difference in my skin being more moisturized. Over all I felt that dove bar soap got the job done and my skin clean, but if I could change one thing it would be the scent. I didn't really liked the way it smelled and because I left the bar in the shower my whole bathroom smells like dove soap.
BeautifulMomof1
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:47 PM

what I loved the most was that my skin did not feel dry or tight after using the Dove beauty bar . . I only used it on my face and it made my complexion seem brighter . . my skin felt more moisturized and soft . . and I just love the way it smells . .

kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:50 PM
I am so excited to be a part of this influencer! The best part of the dove beauty bar is that my skin feels alot less dry and itchy, which is great in this dry winter air.

I only used the Dove beauty bar on my body. I have a different routine that works well for my face.

The Dove beauty bar made my skin feel very soft and moisturized! I feel alot less itchy!

The Dove beauty bar does not smell as good to me as other types of soaps I've used.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EllesMomma7
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:50 PM
I look for a soap that leaves my skin feeling moisturized and not dry. The dove bar I received has been working great. I use it on my face and body. It smells great and does not leave me feeling like I need to put lotion on immediately after! It smells great, too!!
LoriAnn87
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Love the scent

Yes I have used it on my face and body

Very soft even the day after

Dove soft makes my body feel soft and clean others leave my body feeling dry out and not clean at all.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Other soap dries out my skin dove didn't and my skin is still soft......I also like the smell I left three full bars in my 1/2 bathroom in my apartment and you could smell it as soon as the bathroom door was opend.

The kids my daughter age 4 and nieces 5 and 2 liked the smell and feel of the soap too.

I look for smell and how well it stands up to the bitter cold if it passes the kid cold and smell test I know it's perfect for us. So far this one works well.

Compared to other soaps this one works well
la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:57 PM

My favorite part about the Dove Beauty bar is the scent. It smells incredible and I'm attracted to clean scents with a strong but nice scent.  I started by just using it on my face but have now moved to using it all over. I feel more moisturized and my husband said my skin feels softer. I am all about soft skin, I love when my skin is soft.  Dove is my favorite soap brand and  using the beauty bar just solidified that for me, I like feeling soft and I like feeling like soap does not dry up my skin and those are the results I get from Dove. I feel clean and moisturized after using this and I love the way it feels after washing my face especially.

mrsbrand
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:59 PM

What I look for in a soap is something that is going to minimize the dryness I always seem to have. I haven't used bar soap in a very long time because it tends to really dry me out. The first thing I noticed when I opened my package was the smell. It was so pleasant and mellow. 

I've been using the Dove bar on my body, but not my face for 3 days now, and I already notice a marked improvement. I no longer need to use a body oil or body butter, last night i even skipped my post shower lotion and today my skin feels supple and soft. Even my knees and elbows feel moisturized. 

In comparing the Dove beauty bar to other soaps I was really skeptical, I thought I would end up going back to my regular liquid body wash, but I don't have any intentions of switching back. The Dove bar is by far the best soap I have used. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN