Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What Do You Look For In A Soap? **NOW UPDATED WITH VIDEO!!**

Posted by   + Show Post

When it comes to soap, most of us moms buy it based on either price, hydration, clean feel, convenience, scent, and even loyalty to what you grew up with. What about you?

What is important to you in a soap? 

We gave 200 moms Dove Beauty Bars to try at home and compare to their current soap.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Replies (201-210):
cjsix
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Scent is important as many fragrances make me ill but,just as important is making sure it is made with natural ingredients that are healthy for you and not bad for my family or the environment.

MrsSamMerlotte
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I love the dove commercials with the paper.... Becaue paper and skin are almost exactly the same lol. 

We use castile soap.  Someone else mentioned baking soda.... I like to use that to exfoliate, it works really well. 

DreamLoveBlooms
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:12 PM

smells good, cleans well, doesn't leave a film on my skin and doesn't dry my skin out. Oh and no skin reaction to the soap.

CorbinsMumma
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Its my favorite face soap. Im a loyal customer to dove. Love their soaps, shampoos, conditioners and the rest

Quoting smurfy88: What I look for in a soap is something that smells good, makes my skin feel clean, and doesn't cause me to breakout.

What I liked best about doves bar soap is that is doesn't leave that soap scum feeling on your skin like most bar soaps do. I did not use dove on my face, I only used it as a body wash. My skin felt clean after using it, but I didn't notice a difference in my skin being more moisturized. Over all I felt that dove bar soap got the job done and my skin clean, but if I could change one thing it would be the scent. I didn't really liked the way it smelled and because I left the bar in the shower my whole bathroom smells like dove soap.
MomGirls
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:52 PM
I recently switched to Dove a few months ago. I look for a soap that will moisturize my skin, has a fresh clean scent, and for sensitive skin. Also, one that will not offset my pH balance (vaginal). So far I'm very impressed by this soap. I love it! Has a very nice scent and is safe for my daughters to use as well. I love the way my skin feels during the lather and rinse. Afterwards, my skin has a nice scent and soft.
cheetah90210
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:06 PM
The smell how harsh it is on my skin and as less dye and perfumes as possible i love this aloe and oatmeal and lavender soap i got once you could see bits of oatmeal its a dollar a bar not to bad and i like dove too.
LuvnMyCrew3
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:23 PM

The feel it leaves AFTER I rinse off and the scent. 

Chels3
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:25 PM

I'm a scent freak. Top notes mid notes. I gotta have a pretty pretty smell. As well as a healthy skin factor. Bath and Body works is my favorite. And there is a specific line at Target I can never remember the name though. Aroma therapy for me <3 

jbyrd898
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:35 PM

my skin not feeling tight afterwards

Harleysmom213
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:00 PM

i like my soap with as little in it as possible. no scent, no extras, just clean. i used to use Pure and Natural, but when they started using scents i switched to Dove.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)