Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What Do You Look For In A Soap? **NOW UPDATED WITH VIDEO!!**

Posted by   + Show Post

When it comes to soap, most of us moms buy it based on either price, hydration, clean feel, convenience, scent, and even loyalty to what you grew up with. What about you?

What is important to you in a soap? 

We gave 200 moms Dove Beauty Bars to try at home and compare to their current soap.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
tanya_marieh
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:46 PM

I did like the smell of the bar and so far it hasn't dried out the skin on my arms as much as most soaps have.  I have used the beauty bar on my face and body and it works really well on the body but it still leaves my face extremly dry.  My skin does feel a little more moisturized compared to most soaps that I have used.  I just wish the smell wasn't so strong, it's a good smell just a little overpowering.

cutestmom24
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:50 PM
What i look for is a soap is some thing that smells good.i perfer body wash.but im looking forward to trying dove beauty bar.
fraumama
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:52 PM

My favorite result from using the Dove Beauty Bar is how my skin feels afterwards. So much softer than usual. I used it only on my face and neck (and hands), and the results are much better than the generic soap I usually use. I doubt I'd use it regularly in the shower, since we usually use liquid soap there. 

Alison82
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:54 PM

I really love the scent of the dove beauty bar. I only used it on my body because I use a acne wash on my face. I love how soft it makes your skin feel. Other soaps have made my skin feel itchy and tight, but this doesn't. :D

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:55 PM

I would first like to say Dove has long been my favorite beauty product, I usually buy the liquid soap and I'm kinda embarrassed to admit I have not bought bar soap in years lol. I was most impressed by the scent of the beauty bars, it smelled nice and fresh as opposed to some of the more perfume based scents of other soaps. The beauty bar left my skin feeling soft and refreshed and even helped smooth some of the rough patches on my elbows and knees. I am very impressed by the size as well, it is pretty big and should last awhile, if I can keep my Husband away from it lol. I loved this product and really feel it keeps with the quality I expected from the Dove brand!

21lisa72
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:10 PM
I live in the North East. I don't use this s soap on my face because I use a special face soap on my face. I look for a sensitive skin type of soap on my skin and actually have been using dove for years the green kind. I received the white kind to try and I really like it. It smells great and makes my skin nice and soft.
Scorpiomom78
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:42 PM

I love the smell of Dove! Makes my bathroom smell so good. It has been a long time since I have used bar soap but so far I am loving it! My skin feels great after I shower. I also started using it on my face this morning and I will wash it again before bed. I will say I am liking it a lot more than I expected to!

bramamber
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:10 PM
When I look for soaps I want something that is going to clean and moisturize without leaving breakouts. I used the dove bar only on my body. I do not like the feel of bar soaps on my face. My husband stole my dove bar and started using over his normal bar soap lol. He really likes it. I like the bar but I do prefer body washes.
mommythree0508
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:16 PM
I really look for a soap that smells good and doesn't dry my skin out. Dove beauty bar really did that. It moisturizer a lot better than other bar soaps. I don't typically like bar soaps,but this one did really well for my skin. It was also good on my girls who have trouble with exczema and dry skin. I will definitely buy it again.
critter_boo
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:21 PM
My body didn't feel oily or dry
Yes I used it on my face and body
My skin feels smoother and soft
I normally use body washes not bar soap. I liked the dove soap it just left me feeling cleaner
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)