Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What Do You Look For In A Soap? **NOW UPDATED WITH VIDEO!!**

Posted by   + Show Post

When it comes to soap, most of us moms buy it based on either price, hydration, clean feel, convenience, scent, and even loyalty to what you grew up with. What about you?

What is important to you in a soap? 

We gave 200 moms Dove Beauty Bars to try at home and compare to their current soap.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Replies (211-220):
jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:06 PM

one free of dyes and perfumes ... so it does not cause a allergic reaction with my DD 

flowerfunleah
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Good organic ingredients. I dont want a soap that leaves me feeling that there's a thin film on my skin afterewards. 

I also look for a soap that doesn't clog up the drain with it's suds or after-film. 

A soap that isn't too large to fit into a small hand. (I have small hands)

Soaps without grit in them unless I need it as a scrubbing agent. 

Soaps with flowers in it! Flowers smell so good naturally. 

Soaps that make my skin feel baby soft afterwards.

MMIC
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:41 PM

It must have a pleasant scent.  Not just a "clean" smell.  

jiffypop2207
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I look at the ingredient label. I use dr broners castille soap or handmade lye soap with essential oils.
buttersworth
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Well there's a Dove ad on the banner up top of this page as I type, but I do have to say that honestly, I love Dove soap. Been using it since I was a kid, tried all others and now prefer Dove. It doesn't make my skin feel "chalky" like some brands do, you know, that feeling that it never rinsed off? Doesn't feel that way. It makes my skin feel smoothe, and I like the sensitive skin one.

Bonnie_
by Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 1:21 PM

I have tried a lot of commercial soaps and found them to dry my skin excessively. Any more now I  just order  homemade soaps.  They have less chemicals and are gentler for my skin.

letstalk747
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:48 PM

mild scent

LaughsAlot
by Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Something that won't dry out my skin, I have sensitive skin, so I have to be careful what I use :-&
WesternNYmom
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:14 PM

I look for something that gets me clean, but doesn't irritate my skin. I am sensative to alot of the dyes and perfumes that are put into soaps.  I found only Dove and Ivory soap and Swave body wash non irritating. The rest either dry my skin out or make me break out in rashes.

mizhoward
by Felicia on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:52 AM

I look for a soap that smells good, has shea butter, and gets my body clean without breaking me out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)