Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What Do You Look For In A Soap? **NOW UPDATED WITH VIDEO!!**

Posted by   + Show Post

When it comes to soap, most of us moms buy it based on either price, hydration, clean feel, convenience, scent, and even loyalty to what you grew up with. What about you?

What is important to you in a soap? 

We gave 200 moms Dove Beauty Bars to try at home and compare to their current soap.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Replies (231-240):
zombiemommy7
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:12 PM
Ive been washing my face with the dove beauty bar for years. I love how moisturized it keeps my skin and clean it makes my face feel!
williams81209
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Smell and price
sj3starz
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:15 PM
I look for environmentally friendly, nice smelling, preferably shampoo/soap bars. No harsh chemicals, dyes, parabens, or carcinogens. I absolutely love Lusa Organics shampoo bars and Chai soap bars. They are amazing. I even take them with me when I travel (if I'm not using my homemade foam soap).
Farmlady09
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Something that doesn't have engine cleaner in it. Adding extra moisturizers doesn't change the fact that they are in there. Most of the ones that don't have these cleaning agents in them are prohibitively expensive for a 'disposable' item. I make my own now, and have for the past 5 years. Sorry ... your stuff smells amazing, but to me it was a source of endless itching and rashes, just like most of the others thanks to my lupus.

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Great video ladies!

bozobean
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 10:57 PM

We use Dove soap. I loved the summer limited edition. I'll be on the look out for the winter edition.

motherof5-7
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Non toxic -

sonnyswoman75
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 8:45 AM
I love Dial soap because its priced reasonably and its antibacterial.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
theresaphilly
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Something that I can use on my face and body, that does not dry out my skin.

SlightlyPerfect
It's about that time...
Today at 2:13 PM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 1:51 PM
I love the white bar, but the pink is my fave. My mom used to use it, and now I do, and my daughter does, too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN