Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What Do You Look For In A Soap? **NOW UPDATED WITH VIDEO!!**

Posted by   + Show Post

When it comes to soap, most of us moms buy it based on either price, hydration, clean feel, convenience, scent, and even loyalty to what you grew up with. What about you?

What is important to you in a soap? 

We gave 200 moms Dove Beauty Bars to try at home and compare to their current soap.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Replies (31-40):
MrsImperfect
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:21 PM
I want my soap to make me feel and smell clean. I also don't want that pulling effect or tightening feeling I sometimes get. I also want to feel soft and not dry. With Dove I don't really notice a difference with the bar. Compared to what I currently use I prefer to stick with what I have already. I do like to use the Dove bar soap for my face though. I remember Dove having a strong scent. This one had no scent. I do like a nice smell. This one didn't have one at all to me.
Sunshine2plus2
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:31 PM

I love the scent of Dove and the silkiness it gives my skin! Yes I always wash my face with Dove, my skin feels alot better since using Dove. I think Dove is moisturizing my skin alot better than other bar soaps! I always look for soap than makes my skin feel great as well as it smelling good!

mrzsimmons322
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:50 PM

I have tried so many kinds of soaps from scented to unscented & they all dried my face after using a few times. I've been using Dove since it arrived a few days ago & so far my skin feels great.

mrzsimmons322
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Oh & I forgot to add I use for both face and body.

deadlights86
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:52 PM
I don't like the dove beauty bar. The smell was to much and after showered with it the skin on my hands and face was so dry and itchy I had to find some lotion. I will stick to the soap I use it smells better and leaves my skin like silk. I also find it didn't get my skin as clean as the soap I normally use.
MotherOF5Cuties
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 7:12 PM
What I look in for a soap is that cleans good. Dove soap smells really good and leave my skin fresh and clean and I use it on my body and my face too and it doesn't leave my skin dry and that's what I like about it. other soaps make my skin really dry so but im impressed with dove it leaves my skin smooth.
xomrs.chase
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:21 PM

I love the scent, and the fresh feeling I have after using Dove beauty bar!  I don't feel like there's an extra soap film left over like with most other brands of bar soap.  Normally, I don't even buy bars of soap- and I stick to liquid body gel.  This has been my favorite soap- even above gels!

Heather2001
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:31 PM

I received my Influencer package a few days ago.  As soon as I opened the package, I could smell the soap, even though it was wrapped in plastic.

I tried it that night during my bath.  I felt like it lathered well and I used it only on my body (I use facial soap on my face).  I feel like it washed and rinsed very well and my husband even commented that my skin felt smoother and he didn't even know that I used a different soap, so there's that.  I can't ever really notice a difference in the softness of my own skin, though.

The only downside about this product for me was the scent.  It was VERY overpowering for me and chemical-y smelling.  I prefer more subtle, natural fragrances and the scent of the Dove Beauty Bar gave me a bit of a headache.  I'd like to know if they make an unscented version because I'd totally buy it if they do.  I liked the product a lot outside of the scent.

NewMamaBoo
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:56 PM

The soap smelled up my whole bathroom before I even took it out of the box. I liked the smell, shape and overall quality of the soap. 

NewMamaBoo
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:57 PM

I used it on my body and face nd it really kept my skin much more soft and less flaky than other soaps. I always get dried out with my regular soap which is horrible because my skin is lredy dry especially on my face. With dove my face feels so smooth after only using it twice. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN