Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What Do You Look For In A Soap? **NOW UPDATED WITH VIDEO!!**

Posted by   + Show Post

When it comes to soap, most of us moms buy it based on either price, hydration, clean feel, convenience, scent, and even loyalty to what you grew up with. What about you?

What is important to you in a soap? 

We gave 200 moms Dove Beauty Bars to try at home and compare to their current soap.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Replies (41-50):
kimsamomof3
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:41 PM
My package arrived Saturday afternoon and by Sunday I was ready to give it a try. When I opened the 4 pack the smell was very overwhelming. And not in a good way. But I was determined to use it.

I used Dove in my face and body. I even shaved my legs with it. After my shower I was really surprised at how all the dry flaky skin had vanished. My face looked and felt great. No dry flaky patches for my make-up to stick to. It really moisturizes!!! The only draw back is the smell. I would love it if there was a different fragrance.

Before using Dove I used a face wash that is fairly expensive. I won't be using that brand any longer.
ShaniahsMama
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:36 AM

I've never been a fan of bar soap. They always dried my skin out after the shower. However, dove is different. I'm on day2 of trying this product and I have to say that I am loving it. The scent isn't too strong and my skin feels so nice after the shower. I also use it on my face. Overall, dove is going to be my go to bar soap from now on. I love how my skin feels and how good of the smell it is. 

BeautifulMomof1
I woke up like this! #flawless
21 minutes ago
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:00 AM
I used the Dove soap when I showered tonight and I'm impressed by how clean and smooth my skin feels . . Usually I'm running for the lotion because my skin is so dried out, but not with Dove . . My skin feels soft and moisturized, even on my problem areas - elbows, knees, and feet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenniferlee_12
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I am always looking for a soap that smells good, but isn't too strong. I noticed with a lot of soap that they crack and split and I alwasy think "man if the soap cracks, then what is it doing to my skin". I also like when the bars are slightly curved and not square. It makes them easier to hold onto in the shower. I have noticed that my skin is not as dry since I started using the Dove Beauty Bar. I should try it on my face, since that is very dry, but have not done it yet. I also like that I do not have to worry if my 3 year old grabs the Dove soap because it isn't going to hurt him. I love Dove!

celestegood
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:12 PM
I like dove because its non drying. Soap is Terrible on the skin. I like how dove leaves a nice light scent on the skin. I am very sensitive to strong scents and I have never had a problem with dove in that regard.
celestegood
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:22 PM
I also would like you guys to know I haven't received the product yet. I sent a pm and haven't recieced an answer yet. Thanks for listening to me:)
BuckshotBaby
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:26 PM
i love the way it smells! i did not use it on my face, as my face is very sensitive. i like it better than other soaps. i typically look for soaps made for sensitive skin.
arpazia
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
The dove bar smells amazing.
My bathroom now smells amazing.
I have always used liquid, the bars dry me out and make my skin feel tight.
I was shocked that the dove body bar did not:)
It was really good for my face too!!
Now for a little tmi... When I got out of the shower my back side didn't itch lol!! Yay
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LNLMommy
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:31 PM

The first thing that I look for when buying soap is the scent. I like soaps that aren't too overpowering but will still leave you smelling great. The next thing  I look for in a soap is whether it moisturizes or not. Since my family varies in skin types-from extremely dry to baby skin, it's important to buy a soap that will be able to be used by almost everyone. And the last thing I look at is price. I stay away from the cheap soaps because they are bad for your skin. What I love about Dove is that it smells wonderful and leaves my skin feeling very soft. I haven't found another soap that can rival Dove on it's moisturizers. My husband used it for the first time this weekend and he has very dry skin. He started talking about how smooth his skin felt without realizing that I had changed our soap to Dove. 

AMCMSM
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:34 PM

I just got my package yesterday and cant wait to try it out. Since having my daughter in Nov. I am suffering from awful dry itchy skin. I hope this helps!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)