Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

is it normal? losing myself

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:06 PM
  • 13 Replies
I really need advice!!. I have a 4 yr old and a 1 mo old. When I had my first boy I was young and it was hard giving up everythin I use to do cuz I knew I had to grow up and learn to ne responsible. But then I feel I lost my self slowly.. now with my second one it got even worst. I sont even know what I like to do anymore.. there is nothing I find enjoyable anymore. I dont even feel close to my husband anymore.. i feel like a sombie with no feelings.. I just do what I need to do and thats it. Can I get some advice!! Oh and im not depressed tho just being thinking lately and not figuring out what I likr anymore.
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:45 PM

It will be easier when they get older and are in school and you have time to yourself again.

charmgirl
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I totally feel like that now too.
korra2013
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Put them in daycare
SHORTSHORT
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Take a moment to breath. Now I became a mom @16 had my 2nd at 18 but i thought I had lost myself by then. I was down but my grandma told me when u become an adult u put away ur childish toys. What she told me was ur an adult now so u find adult friends an adult activities. Go to a mom/baby class within in ur area if there isn't one create one. Take up something online.
m.garcia21
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:27 PM
That happend to me as well when i had my first i was so consumed being a mom i totally forgot about myself. What helps is to take a little time for yourself. Its ok to get a babysitter from time to time just so you and dh can hang out and reconnect. While they are sleeping do someting for yourself, read , write whatever youd like
Marie0515
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Thank you everyone!!! It makes me feel be better knowing im not the onlyone and gives me hope for the future
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Hugs...

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:59 PM

it happens ! sometimes it's not just with young children ... life, work and routine take over and you become lost.  I became like this a while back - I felt like I was living just for my daughter and husband,  you just have to find the time to escape somehow and find yourself again !

charleyangel317
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Look into some groups for women your age in your area. Where you can have some girl time just to relax. Some get together and do painting classes, book clubs, things like that.

Mrseoc
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes i think it's normal. It's easy to do that's for sure. You have to dedicate so much of your time to your children and family responsibilities... it gets kind of easy to leave behind the things you used to enjoy doing.

You need to make time for yourself. Figure out what it is you like to do and just do it. Your 4 year old could use that example. Show your child that they can balance a busy life and still keep in touch with their individuality.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)