Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
This has the potential to turn into more of a vent but here i go.

I have three kids. 1 daughter almost 8. A son just turned 6. And another daughter about to turn 3.

My first was potty trained about 1.5yrs. My son took longer for #2. He was a little over 2yrs. Now my youngin.... almost 3yr and wont train.

My MIL watches her while i am at work for four hours 5 days a week. We also live with her while my husband is going to school to help us and the in laws out because my FIL was in an accident so...anyway off track.

Both my older two i trained by going straight to underwear. It was messy for a bit but the caught on. My son like i mentioned did take longer for #2

I know i just know if i could let her be naked or wear just panties she would do it. When we are getting dressed and shes naked she uses the toliet and i dance and jump up and down high fiving and stuff. Again, when we are getting ready for a bath "hold on gotta pee"

So i have been trying off and on since she turned 2. She doesnt care. She can do it but she doesnt care if shes pee or poop in a diaper. She doesnt even say anything.

So MIL was getting on my case saying she is almost 3 she should be potty trained, get pull ups. I said all pull ups are are diapers designed a bit different. But i bought some anyway to try her way. Again daughter doesnt care if she pees in them. Why would she? they absorb the pee. Yes i felt the inside, dry. And then scrubbed my hands.... anyway.....

This is going to be hard on daughter but i guess after i get off work she is going to be naked or in panties and MIL is just going to deal with it because i am there for clean up and making sure she uses the toliet. But then when i am gone MIL is going to use the pull ups nc she doesnt want a mess and doesnt wany to tell daughter to sit on the toliet every 20minutes.

I just do not know what else to do. Oye vey. Like daughter has been "getting air" since i wrote this and went pee in toilet. Totally exciting! So i know my way will work....but will it w switching back and forth?

Thanks to anyone who read my rambling. Ill be back in a bit time for bed time routine.
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Replies (11-16):
Shani527
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:59 AM
The reason im saying MIL isnt just bc she watches her the short time. We are livibg w her and she doesnt want her naked throughout the house. Id have to keep her confined to upstairs which works sometimes but its crowded sonetimes.
I had a personal day bc my older kids were sick, she was w me uostairs most the day w bro and sis and she went to the bathroom all day. With me, so i know she is ready. My MIL just doesnt like her barebottom or in panties because shes afraid of the mess which i understand so im just a little frustrated. Idk what else to do. Ive had the training pants on her for a week now minus yesterday and she still does her buisness in them. Yesterday confirmed for me, she will stop her pee ti get to a toliet if she doesnt have a diaper. Sge peedled a little stoped and ran to the toliet.
ronita123
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Thanks for sharing with us, but i've been there also and this is what helps me, you can try it.

3 DaysPottyTraining

JodyLane555
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 4:13 PM

You need a plan and MIL HAS to stick with it. We always used the potty chart, it was on the bathroom wall and everytime they used the toilet they got a sticker, after ___# of stickers they got a little toy or ice cream etc, worked like a charm for us. positive reinforcement.

Beebella
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 4:19 PM
My DD is finally trained at 3 years and 2 months. She was resistant too and didn't care if she peed or pooped in a pamper. We stayed home with her for a week straight. Didn't go out. I'm a SAHM and DH was on vacation. And by the end of the week she was using the potty. Maybe take a few days off if you can. Or a Thursday through Sunday and don't go anywhere. Just keep putting her on the potty and asking if she has to go. I didn't think that would work but it did! She got so used to us putting her on the potty that eventually she gave in and just peed in it. Then she wanted to do it all the time in the potty. It will be ok. My mother in law was on our case too but I ignored her because DDs doc said she's fine and not delayed so it was just a matter of pushing past the stubbornness. Good luck!
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Honestly she will do it when shes ready! Every child is different!

AnimalsnAfrica
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 9:34 AM
I figured if I woke up in the middle of the night, early morning hours, that I'd catch her right before she would have to go! I'd wake her up and say, "hey, do you have to go potty, do you have to go to bathroom, and eventually I'd start getting a nod (yes or no), even sometimes when shed say no I'd say lets go try! And during the day her daycare would work with her while I was out looking for work or working! But, even when she was with me I'd mentioned do you Jane to go potty! She really cought on very quickly! Besides I really don't think she liked it when she did pee on herself! But, you keep up the routine and something definitely will happen!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)