Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My husband deslikes me after i hv put on weight!Does he love me!

Posted by   + Show Post

My baby girl will be 1 yr old this jan 26th and we all r super happy and excited about it.but 

my husband is not happy with me.He keeps telling me i hv put on lots of weights.he tells me 

that my thighs,stomach are huge.He sometimes make fun of me.Before pregnancy i was 130lb and

now i am 155lb.So when we go out together i feel that he is ashamed to take me out coz i look

fat.Now adays i feel so ugly.He is true that i hv put on weight,but i am comfortable at this weight

but he says he doesnt like to see me like this fat.

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
celestegood
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 7:51 AM
He's being an ass. I know you don't want to hear that. I put on a hundred fifty pounds since I met my hubby. He still loves me, and has never said one word about my body. I'm working on losing it, of course-but he's learned to love my new body. He finds me very sexy, and it hasn't affected intimacy between us at all.

You need to tell him he's hurting your feelings, and not motivating you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bribriesmom
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 2:45 PM
My thoughts exactly. He now has something more hurtful to attack you about. I say lose the weight for yourself then tell him, I don't want to be around an insecure, insensitive, and ugly jerk.

Quoting momto3B:

My guess is that before the weight gain, he was not a nice guy to begin with. 

ZamilyMom
by Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:05 PM

This! 

P.S. I would ask him if he thinks he is completely perfect. Have a list of his flaws ready in case he answers yes!

Quoting johnny4ever:

Quoting Meg2011425: Sorry, he sounds like a jackass.

Sure does.

FlutterbyMom3
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 5:26 PM
He's an asshole.
Ask him how much weight he would have put on carrying a child.
momto3B
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Actually, I totally disagree with this. I think he was a real jerk in his approach, but gaining weight with a child is in no way a necessity, it is a choice. There is NO need to eat like a slob just because you are pregnant and unless you have a nannty and a personal trainer, it is a bad idea. 

He IS a jerk, but I would not be happy if my DH got fat and stayed that way for a year. I was back in my size 0 jeans 2 weeks after I gave birth. 

Quoting FlutterbyMom3: He's an asshole.

FlutterbyMom3
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 6:23 PM

A husband should be supportive, not make jokes or comments about it.
Who says she's eating like a slob?

Quoting momto3B:

Actually, I totally disagree with this. I think he was a real jerk in his approach, but gaining weight with a child is in no way a necessity, it is a choice. There is NO need to eat like a slob just because you are pregnant and unless you have a nannty and a personal trainer, it is a bad idea. 

He IS a jerk, but I would not be happy if my DH got fat and stayed that way for a year. I was back in my size 0 jeans 2 weeks after I gave birth. 

momto3B
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 6:27 PM

How else does one get fat if not by eating poorly?   25 lbs is A LOT of weight. How did that happen?? Chasing a baby is a LOT of work, nothing that should make one gain weight. And BTW, I said he was a jerk in his approach. 

Quoting FlutterbyMom3:

Quoting momto3B:

sheilao409
by Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 6:29 PM
Kick him in the balls and say now u know what labour felt like shut up jk just tell him that it takes time
lunyuny
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 6:31 PM
What a POS. Nice way of supporting self image.
FlutterbyMom3
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Do you really think everyone is the same? Everyone loses weight the same? No they don't.
Even if she is 25 pounds heavier, it's weight she gained from pregnancy that she hasn't lost yet. Who are you to say how long it should take her to lose it?

Quoting momto3B:

How else does one get fat if not by eating poorly?   25 lbs is A LOT of weight. How did that happen?? Chasing a baby is a LOT of work, nothing that should make one gain weight. And BTW, I said he was a jerk in his approach. 

Quoting FlutterbyMom3:

Quoting momto3B:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)