Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Let's Chat! What Are YOU Doing Today?

Welcome to our Friday Chat!

What are you doing today?

Do you have any plans for the weekend?

Let's Chat!

TGIF

by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:45 AM
Replies (371-379):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Getting better.

Quoting johnny4ever: We finally downgraded to level 2.

Quoting Janet: Oh my!

Quoting johnny4ever:

Currently under level 3 snow emergency..reports of 3.5 foot snow drifts!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Lol..

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Yeah, she's a weird one.  My niece is the same way.

Quoting Janet: Really, that's unusual.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

She hates it!  She doesn't like driving at all.  

Quoting Janet: I remember thoses days.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Nothing much really.  I'll take my daughter out for a bit this afternoon to practice her driving and then maybe again on Sunday.

Quoting Janet: How about you?

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Good morning everyone!  Since Cafe Michelle is out of the office today, I'll be hanging out with you all for a bit.  :)

How is everyone doing?  Do you have any big plans for the weekend?

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:55 PM

That's when I use my Keurig.

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Who knows. I asked him last night if he wanted me to get the coffee maker ready so all he would have to do is push the button this morning, then this morning he woke up ds telling me he's taking the coffee maker to work. Now from what I gathered on the phone he's in a funk because I wasn't happy about the baby getting woke up over it, didn't try to hide it either, because he knows I will not make a pot of coffee if I'm the only one drinking it.

Quoting Janet: Why the coffee maker?

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

dh is working, took off with my van and the coffee maker O.o

MommaRose3
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank u! We did. Breakfast and shopping. That should hold her till march. I hope. 😊

Quoting goddess99:

The weather has just been crazy. Hope you and your dd still have a nice day tomorrow.

Quoting MommaRose3: My DH has to work on his car so I will probably snuggle under my heated blanket with a good book and a glass of wine. Have a whole mother DD day planned tomorrow but I think the weather is going to ruin it. 😔

captainjack
by Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Quoting Janet: How did your breakfast go?

Quoting captainjack:

Today Sat. just got home from work, going out to breakfast with my daughter and taking her to the library for a project

It went very well.

pokemongirl0191
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:06 PM
I'm going to my parents for a birthday dinner for me. We are having my sister her bf and her 2 boys coming over there too. So my dd can see her cousins again. My dad gave us a ride food shopping this moring.
celestegood
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Yeah that's true. Gas is higher but not by much. Oh well. We will probably have gas for some time to come.

Quoting Janet:

I don't know. Electric is so high now too.

Quoting celestegood: I have always had gas too. But hubs keeps talking about getting an electric one. Apparently, mostly, because gas is so high, and electric is cheaper. So, I assume that's the main reason. I'm sure there's a reason most people use gas heat and gas hot water heaters.

Quoting Janet: I have no idea. Ours has always been gas. That's why I asked you. I was wondering.

Quoting celestegood: Gas is more expensive than electric. I'm sure both have their positives and negatives. We've had both and I preferred our electric heater.

What do you think? I'm kind of on the fence here. We will replace it next time it goes out.

Quoting Janet: Why electronic?

Quoting celestegood: It didn't cost too much to get it fixed. Although I want a new one. Oh well. I want an electric one instead of gas. Maybe next time.

Quoting Janet: Oh, I hate when the hot water tank goes out! Hope you get it fixed soon. Plus it's so costly.

Quoting celestegood: Sitting here waiting for the Plummer to fix my hot water heater.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:10 PM
That's what it should be here too. But you know how that is. They have to save money somewhere.

Quoting Janet:

That's crazy! It's one mile here for all schools.

Quoting celestegood: Yeah, it is. Elementary school kids have to walk if they are under two miles from the school, middle school kids its three miles, and high school kids its five miles.

It's too much in my opinion. Some people don't have the option to drive-and many of the schools start well before our city busses even start for the day. Not to mention our city busses aren't all that great-they don't go everywhere in town, and run very slowly. It takes hours to get anywhere.

Quoting Janet: That is sad.

Quoting celestegood: It's sad so many kids have to walk to school here. They cut bussing several years back. Ugh

Kids got home ok though. With all body parts and all. Lol

Quoting Janet: They sure shouldn't.

Quoting celestegood: I hear ya. It's three degrees here and we didn't get a delay. Surprised they had school. Kids shouldn't have to wait for busses in that kind of cold.

Quoting MamaSusieQ045: It's - 2 here and we didn't even get a two hour delay!

Quoting tmajma032408: It's like 1degree outside and kids have 2 hr delay, no sun either lol

Quoting delanna6two:

It is cold here too but sunny...makes me not want to move about at all...had to get up with the children...school is still in here..

Quoting tmajma032408: To cold to go out, probably just moping around here and watch tv

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Whoisld
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I am multi tasking lol nothing new. I am planning a weekend get away for the hubby and I for Valentines Day setting appoinments and talking on the phone hahahahaha. What about you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN