Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

For christians...I want to present my child to GOD

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:34 AM
  • 18 Replies

ok...well i dont go to church all the time and im still trying to figure what church would fit me best and what i would want my baby to believe in. However, i really wnat to get him presented to God. My sons father passed away before he was born, and he grew up as a Christian, and i cant think of the excat name of the "type" of church he grew up in. SO my question is, would it be weird to just present him in a church that is father would go to? Even if its not the same beliefs as i would have necessarily? I mean its just presenting him to the lord,  woud this be considered a big deal if i wasnt to follow up with that exact church after he was presented in it?

by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamAshley4
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:37 AM
I think your sons dads pastor would love to present the baby...especially since daddy was a member of that church....i would stay with dadschurch though....i just presented all 4 of mine a few months ago....do you know who you would have as godparents?
12yrmama
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I choose a church that fully represented what I wanted as a church family for my son. I saw it as getting an extended family for him, they promised to support him and his life journey and always have open doors for him and his family.

Take time and find a church that can be in his life for the long haul.

rachellyn612
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:56 AM

well the church he grew up in was in new york. were in boston. And i picked a good friend of mine to be a godmother, but to make a long story short, i dont have a godfather, and im fine with that, i feel like godparents have expectations and i never want my son to be disapointed. SO i could go without the whole god parent thing.

Quoting MamAshley4: I think your sons dads pastor would love to present the baby...especially since daddy was a member of that church....i would stay with dadschurch though....i just presented all 4 of mine a few months ago....do you know who you would have as godparents?

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:22 AM

You could check with the church and see if they could do a baby dedication for you....I think they probably would since his dad was a member.  I had all mine dedicated.

MamAshley4
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Im in worcester!!! Message me if you wanna chat...maybe my church can help??

Quoting rachellyn612:

well the church he grew up in was in new york. were in boston. And i picked a good friend of mine to be a godmother, but to make a long story short, i dont have a godfather, and im fine with that, i feel like godparents have expectations and i never want my son to be disapointed. SO i could go without the whole god parent thing.

Quoting MamAshley4: I think your sons dads pastor would love to present the baby...especially since daddy was a member of that church....i would stay with dadschurch though....i just presented all 4 of mine a few months ago....do you know who you would have as godparents?

rachellyn612
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:32 AM

see how much i dont know...isnt dedicating and presenting him the same?

Quoting delanna6two:

You could check with the church and see if they could do a baby dedication for you....I think they probably would since his dad was a member.  I had all mine dedicated.

MamAshley4
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Yes its the same....was ur childs father belonging to a spanish church by any chance?

Quoting rachellyn612:

Quoting delanna6two:

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Yes, it's the same...it's ok...some just say it different ways:)

Quoting rachellyn612:

Quoting delanna6two:

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:01 AM

I was raised UPC and actually relate to non-denom and am a practicing non-denom

KW1280
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Quoting 12yrmama:

I choose a church that fully represented what I wanted as a church family for my son. I saw it as getting an extended family for him, they promised to support him and his life journey and always have open doors for him and his family.

Take time and find a church that can be in his life for the long haul.

This exactly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)