Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

FORT SAM HOUSTON

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 6:40 PM
  • 4 Replies

I  was curious if any moms located on or near FSH could give me some information on a few things?

My husband is due to report there in March, We are moving from NC. We have a 5 yo girl and a 10 month boy.

Does anyone have any information on the housing area's (Watkins Terrace or Marvin R Woods)

Housing

• Are the newer or older?
  • Are they clean and well kept?

My daughter has severe allergies to just about everything under the sun and then some. I didnt want to file an EFMP form out and possibly extend our wait time, so I guess I was just curious of the upkeep of the properties. I have searched for pictures and information on both communities and cant find anything

My son is pretty self entertaining, however my lil girl is a social butterfly. It is breaking her heart for us to pcs she has made some great friends.

Playdates

• anyone around these areas that would like to have play dates when we get settled would be awesome!
  • are there many play stations, tot lots, parks and such located on or close to the housing communities?
  • Does anyone have an idea on how long child care wait lists are for cdcs on FSH? I called but they said since he's not on the list for it yet, they cannot discuss it. 
  • Do you reccomend any specific day cares for infants or any specific pre-k programs for kids?

phew! Sorry for the overload, but thats only partial thoughts for a short notice pcs and very tired mommy.

Thanks in advance!

by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Beautifulmom513
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in san antonio. I am about 20 mins from base. however I know nothing about it. I have been on there a few times when my husband was a reservist. but he got out of the military a few years ago. you might want to check with the military moms groups on here. I know there is a lot of people from FSH on there. good luck.

BamaGirl0216
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Thank you so much! I just joined, and have no clue how this works.lol I will search for that group, thanks again for the help.

Beautifulmom513
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

http://www.cafemom.com/group/107984

you're welcome. here is link to group in case you can't find it. its called military families.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Hope you get the info your looking for! : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)