Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Snow Days

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:22 PM
  • 7 Replies

My job and local district has 6 already and is taking away part of spring break and presidents day to make them up, plus I do not get paid for the make up days but have to work! Anyone else bummed by snow days?

by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:04 PM

our district has basically said F*** it to snow days. -30 and school is on. They don't care anymore.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 25, 2014 at 7:57 AM

Yes!WE have 2 currently to make up and I see 2-3 more next week.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 25, 2014 at 7:58 AM

Quoting goddess99:

our district has basically said F*** it to snow days. -30 and school is on. They don't care anymore.

We get 5 calamity days which we have used..you dont get any?

Sparkler16
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 8:01 AM
They can not by law make you work and not pay you. It's illegal. if you got paid for the snow days then you were paid to NOT work so technically it would be as if you did in fact get paid for working the other days.
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 25, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Oh yeah we get snow days, I just think based on their latest press release, we live in a harsh part of the country, dress appropriately and get to school - is their attitude.

Quoting johnny4ever:

Quoting goddess99:

We get 5 calamity days which we have used..you dont get any?

mumsy2three
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 9:59 AM

We've had 4 snow days so far this year. One was made up at Christmas/winter break. Two will be made up at Easter/spring break and one has been added to the end of the year. We have one more day that can be taken from the Easter/spring break then the rest will be added to the end of the year.

Making up snow days doesn't really bother me. I would rather not be on the road in snow and ice. I live in PA now but grew up in MA and it was not unusual to make up snow days til mid June some years when I was in school.

I work in my kids school district but not for the district. I am contracted to work a certain amount of school days through the school year. When we have a snow day it doesn't count as a day worked the make up day does.

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Jan. 25, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I love snow days. They won't touch spring break here, too many go on vacation they just add to the end of the year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)