Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What is causing this rash!? Remedies?

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:20 PM
  • 16 Replies
About 5 days ago, my one month old starting getting tiny little red bumps on her face and neck. And it just keeps getting worse, there's groups of the bumps with red splotches and there are some now on her scalp, back and chest. Some areas feel dry too, like on her chin. 

I thought maybe baby acne but I'm not sure if that goes beyond the face. Maybe eczema? But my ds had eczema and it looked different. I also cut dairy out of my diet in case it was an allergic reaction to that. No improvement though, only got worse. It can't be an allergic reaction to perfumes or detergant or anything like that because we use all natural stuff in our home. I make my own stuff with all natural, organic soaps and essential oils. 

Does anyone know what it could be or have any good suggestions on all natural remedies that might clear it up?
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steffielou_who
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:34 PM
I would say baby acne.. I used some mild wash for dswhen he was first born but I can't remember what it's called..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junebaby18
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:54 AM
Try expressing some milk and putting it on the spots. Do that a few times a day for a couple of days and see if that helps. If that doesn't work, try coconut oil (the organic kind). It is good for everything.
johnny4ever
Having a great birthday!
Today at 4:52 PM
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 25, 2014 at 7:57 AM

Excema?My son was diagnosed at 4 months old

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 25, 2014 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Could really be anything. I would make a doctor appointment.

nicolett80
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 11:55 AM
I wanted to hold off on running to the doctor right away before her next check up because she's not sick. No fever and whatever the rash is, it doesn't seem to be bothering her at all. I don't think it's eczema now though. There's no scaling dry patches.
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Jan. 25, 2014 at 11:57 AM

One of my girls got a rash under her neck from yeast in her drool when she was a baby. Any chance that could be it?

Cozie_Sisika458
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Rub Vicks on the area. I'm telling you it works wonders for all kinds of skin problems.

When we lived in fl, my niece as a baby got a nasty rash infection under her neck. We tried everything the dr recommended, we eventually tried vicks cleared it right up. Again a year later she broke out from some bibs she was wearing (found out after she wore it again) and rubbed vicks on it and cleared it up quick.

Works on chapped lips to. My mom pulled a muscle or a tendend on her ankle and she tried vicks and made it feel better and not swell up as bad.
nicolett80
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Would that spread all over the face? It's the worst around her cheeks, behind her ears and back of the neck. Because we both had thrush not too long ago.

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

One of my girls got a rash under her neck from yeast in her drool when she was a baby. Any chance that could be it?

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:06 PM

If she uses a pacifer it could from the spit getting around it. Especially if she is a heavy drooler.

Quoting nicolett80: Would that spread all over the face? It's the worst around her cheeks, behind her ears and back of the neck. Because we both had thrush not too long ago.

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

nicolett80
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:26 PM
No pacifier.

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

If she uses a pacifer it could from the spit getting around it. Especially if she is a heavy drooler.

Quoting nicolett80: Would that spread all over the face? It's the worst around her cheeks, behind her ears and back of the neck. Because we both had thrush not too long ago.

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)