Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

dd's favorite sleep position

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:28 AM
  • 3 Replies
Dd is 6mo and when I put her down in her crib I always put her on her back. She immediately rolls to her tummy, balls up her fists and lays face down on them. Its the cutest freaking thing in the world, but scares me at the same time. I stand there and turn her head, pull her arm out from under her, roll he back to her side or back... it never fails that she rolls back to her tummy in the same position. The ped said not to worry too much unless she is actually face down in the mattress. He said as long as her fists are like that she can breathe and is comfortable, but I do worry. Am I right to worry as much about it as I do, or should I relax a bit? It usually gets to the point I end up inadvertently waking her up with all my meddling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Junebaby18
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:05 AM
It she can roll herself over, then she can roll herself back over if she can't breathe well. Just leave her be and let her sleep. Probably if you just watch her long enough without moving her, she will either roll over or turn her own head to breathe.
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 25, 2014 at 8:33 AM

I agree with pp. If she can easily get into that position she can easily move if she needs too.

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Jan. 25, 2014 at 11:48 AM

If you are really worried I believe they make what is called a breathable mattress.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)