Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Missing him today

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:32 AM
  • 26 Replies

Growing up I was a huge daddy's girl. Well when I was 17 I lost him to cancer. It has been 19 years today and every year I usually make it through the day with minimal issues but today I am missing him more than normal. All I want to do is cry. Someone please post some funnies to get my mind off of him.

by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dewinter
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:40 AM

hugs I'm sorry your hurting and for your loss

charleyangel317
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Thank you. Biologically he was my grandfather but he and my grandmother raised me. They were mom and daddy to me. Mom's bday was Saturday and I made it through fine (I have a tradition for her) and normally today doesn't get to me but I am just missing him more today and don't know why.

Quoting Dewinter:

hugs I'm sorry your hurting and for your loss

MaineMammax2
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:56 AM
I believe there must be a reason he is so heavy on your mind for this anniversary of his passing. Let yourself feel sad and miss him, have a good cry. Write him a letter telling him everything your feeling. It may help to let it out and not push it away. You may think I'm crazy and the cold up here in Maine could be getting to my better judgemnet , but have ever met with a phscyic medium?
charleyangel317
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I believe in psychics and medium but no I have never met with one. I wanted to go today to his grave just to "talk" but where he is buried is almost 2 hours away and I am working today. The funny thing is that I see a lot of him in my little ones. My kids know who he was/is and they know he was "daddy" to me.

Quoting MaineMammax2: I believe there must be a reason he is so heavy on your mind for this anniversary of his passing. Let yourself feel sad and miss him, have a good cry. Write him a letter telling him everything your feeling. It may help to let it out and not push it away. You may think I'm crazy and the cold up here in Maine could be getting to my better judgemnet , but have ever met with a phscyic medium?

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:41 AM

I'm sorry for your loss!

charleyangel317
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Thank you. You would think after 19 years it would get easier. Most years are okay but still can't figure out why today is so hard for me.

Quoting goddess99:

I'm sorry for your loss!

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:44 AM

I don't know, I don't think you ever get over the important people.

Quoting charleyangel317:

Thank you. You would think after 19 years it would get easier. Most years are okay but still can't figure out why today is so hard for me.

Quoting goddess99:

I'm sorry for your loss!

charleyangel317
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I think some of it may be that I was fighting with dh last night and you know how girls are when things get tough they want their daddy.

Quoting goddess99:

I don't know, I don't think you ever get over the important people.

Quoting charleyangel317:

Quoting goddess99:

I'm sorry for your loss!

Elly219
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:56 AM

I get what you are feeling. I lost my grandfather to cancer at 10. he was my world. this year will be 15 years and it gets to me sometimes too. Sorry for your loss! Just love on your little ones it should help some. Maybe tell them some stories about him and just remember him in a positive way and it may help. When I start missing him I like to tell dd stories about him and it helps me miss him a little less. I always feel like he is with me. Hope you feel better soon.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:07 AM

some days are harder than others ... my grand father also passed 17 years ago I was very close to him, it's hard !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)