Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Do You Find ‘Me Time’ Moments To Pamper Yourself And Relax?

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 5:56 PM
  • 205 Replies
3 moms liked this

As a busy mom,  it’s hard to find some ‘me time’, let alone time to pamper yourself. A shower is one of the few alone moments you may have all day. 

How you find time to treat yourself and how do you pamper yourself?

baby dust

by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2235
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 5:10 PM
5 moms liked this
My me time is after the kids go to bed at night. Half the time I just want to go to bed lol. But yea my me time is when their asleep. I take a nice hot bath orshower. Sit down and watch a movie I want to see and relax.
charmgirl
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 5:11 PM
Its so hard! The shower is definitely where I go to be refreshed and tryyyy to get some quiet time. Sometimes I have to be on the listen out for loud noises(lol..kids). My day just doesn't start 'right' if I don't have a shower. Another way I pamper myself is to get a pedicure. I don't go often enough...here in recent years its just been once every 6 months.
frankiesma530
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 5:12 PM

I sneak away when my husband isn't busy and jump in the tub and just take my time!  I put on my face mask and straighten my hair and sometimes if I know I have a lot of time, I'll light a candle and play some music.  I like to do my nails, that's my ultimate pamper activity.  

Sometimes I also like to go for a drive, anywhere.  It's hard getting time to myself, but I make it work!

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 5:13 PM

My "Me Time" is after the kids go to sleep at night. I love jumping in a nice warm shower and getting rid of the stress of the day. Then I usually fall right to sleep lol.

mommythree0508
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 5:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I hide in the bedroom sometimes after my husband gets home from work lol.

MrsImperfect
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 5:14 PM
2 moms liked this
I have me time here and there. I make sure I workout 3 times a week for an hour and my shower. Then after everyone goes to sleep at night I watch one of my dvr'd shows. Other than that, no me time lol.
the.warden
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Usually to find me time, I have to wait until my kids are in bed. Pampering myself consists of a bath with bath salts, giving myself a pedicure/manicure, and getting to relax without my kids.
Autumn19
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 5:15 PM

This morning i actually got up half an hr before the kids to enjoy a nice LONG HOT shower. I loved it.

Other than that i try to take a nice hot bath a few times a month when my husband is home. I will turn on some relaxing music. Sometimes light a candle, and just forget the world for awhile.

I fully take advantage of all the me time i can fit in. Its very important to get a break from all the coming and going and constant commotion of being a stay at home mom.

JackieGirl007
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

After bedtime, is my "me" time. I stay up way too late just enjoying the silence!

myhandsomelove
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 5:18 PM
Its hard to find time for yourself,and having 3 boys even harder to have girly time lol so the shower is a great escape lol I let them know, no fighting and not to bother me unless its an emergency. I have me time out of the bath too lol good thing about having all boys is they like video games lol so I play a bit while they're in school :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)