Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What is going on with my oven?!

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm going insane. The last several times I have tried to make cookies with the kids they have turned out out super flat. No matter if I make the dough myself or buy the break & bake cookies from the store. They end up totally flat & if I keep them in there longer they just burn vs rising/cooking correctly. Just made some break & bake chocolate chip cookies with the kids and they are mushy and flat. I cooked them at the max recommended time. Put them in for longer & the bottoms were super dark yet they were still mushy and flat.

Does it sound like my oven is going out? It seems weird that its so much more noticeable with cookies. I have noticed some things seem like they are taking longer to cook. But they do cook all the way through. Then other stuff cooks at the normal time/temperature totally fine which makes me wonder if it is actually my oven. 

banging head into wall

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:09 PM
Replies (11-14):
todayNtomorrow
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Sounds like your heating element in your oven. Please be careful. Mine did this and the heating element almost caught our house on fire! On a good note however, the heating elements can be cheap to replace.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 28, 2014 at 11:29 AM

It may be going out. If it continues to do it I would call and have them come check it out! Mine steams so I think flat cookies may be better lol!

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Oh scary. Thanks for the info!

Quoting todayNtomorrow:

Sounds like your heating element in your oven. Please be careful. Mine did this and the heating element almost caught our house on fire! On a good note however, the heating elements can be cheap to replace.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:18 AM

I would get it checked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)