Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

my PICTURES posted on Facebook....

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:15 PM
  • 20 Replies

For those who use facebook and add pictures, here is my question for you....

I have been posting weekly pictures of my daughters dance competition.

I usually tag the group or message them to tag themselves because it gets tedious. 

So this week one mom instead of tagging, or sharing album, DOWNLOADED my pics to her album... would this bother anyone? why not tag it ? or share it? why does this bother me SOOO...

by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IWantOneMorePlz
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Does the mom have a child of hers in your pictures.  If she does, she may want to get copies of them on her computer.

Meg2011425
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:20 PM
I'd say this because she could easily print the ones she wants, but I also can understand why you'd be upset or ticked.

Quoting IWantOneMorePlz:

Does the mom have a child of hers in your pictures.  If she does, she may want to get copies of them on her computer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbutton24
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Does she have a child in the pictures? It bothers me when people share pictures of my daughter. Mil does it all of the time..
Bella_Soleil
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Yes she does! I wish though there was a permissions setting, so people would have to ask, or,to be blocked. My mil does it too....

Pink.Frosting
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

If someone else posts a picture with my child in it, I will download it to my computer.  Never really thought twice about it and wouldn't be upset if someone did the same to my pictures if they had their child in them.

NatesMyBoy
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Why do you care? Maybe she wants to make a print, or be able to find it later when it gets buried in al the other facebook stuff...idk.  Unless you specifically ask them not to I don't think you have any right other than to not post them to the group.  Are you a professional photographer?  If my MIL wanted to download a pic of her grand kid I wouldn't give a fart in the wind about it.  Don't sweat the small stuff.  

celestegood
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:20 AM
It depends on if there are other kids in the pics. Maybe her child is in some of the pics? You can set your pics to not be downloadable for other people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bella_Soleil
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Quoting celestegood: It depends on if there are other kids in the pics. Maybe her child is in some of the pics? You can set your pics to not be downloadable for other people.

I haven't seen anywhere how you can make pics not downloadable....

i would LOVE to know how....

If I was asked or they  tagged themselves id be ok with that too.... Or if they said I'd like to download so if n print I'd have been ok.... I just saw there were pics on their peg posted  as if they were THEIRS....I MAYBE READINF TOO MICH INTO IT, but was curious on other peoples thoughts. 

celestegood
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 11:19 AM
I've never done it but I have been told you can disable that feature. I'm sure you could look into how online or email Facebook.

Quoting Bella_Soleil:

Quoting celestegood: It depends on if there are other kids in the pics. Maybe her child is in some of the pics? You can set your pics to not be downloadable for other people.

I haven't seen anywhere how you can make pics not downloadable....

i would LOVE to know how....

If I was asked or they  tagged themselves id be ok with that too.... Or if they said I'd like to download so if n print I'd have been ok.... I just saw there were pics on their peg posted  as if they were THEIRS....I MAYBE READINF TOO MICH INTO IT, but was curious on other peoples thoughts. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 28, 2014 at 11:23 AM

I guess maybe she wants to print the pictures or something but I would ask first!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)