Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hospital bag, so much stuff!?!?!?!? Help lol

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:21 AM
  • 25 Replies

So all you lovely mommies ^_^ I have more questions!

Ok so I just finished 5 loads of laundry! YEA!!! BIG SUCCESS! anyway lol I have decided that I should probably pack my bag for the hospital! I am wondering what all needs to be in the hospital bag and what I should pack it in. Should I use the diaper bag or should I use a backpack also when did you start packing? Please  be specific ladies. What pads work best, what laxative should be used, any extras you packed? I am also packing a bag for mother since I am a single mom she will be there what should be in hers? cameras? chargers? etc? Should I pack a baby bag? What should I take for baby?

Thanks ahead of time ladies! 

You guys Rock ^_^ **lots of hugs**

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaybayblee3
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Personally...pack light. Bring your nessesities of course, but people will be swinging by and when you leave with your baby you might be loaded down with stuff. I just brought underwear, make up, slippers, and clothes for home, and my shower stuff. Along with my cellphone and camera. For baby I just brought the going home outfit.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:41 AM

I packed a couple outfits for me and slippers and a take home outfit for dd. I brought my basic toiletries and some overnight pads. Magazines, camera, a couple movies and I think that's it. I didn't over do it and I packed maybe a week, few days before my due date.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 28, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I always pack way too much but thats me lol! This time around I am going to really try to cut it down! I would pack a few pairs of comfy pjs or outfits for yourself and a going home outfit for you and baby. I personally brought like 5/6 nb sleepers bc thats all my kids worse in the hospital! Then I brought my camera, chargers, a few things to keep me busy, and my toilet trees! I also packed a small bag for dh bc he stayed with me so he had a pair of pjs, two outfits and toilet trees!

caligirl7613
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:04 PM
pack light. comfy clothes for you are a must, not only for going home but for the hospital stay as well. that way you can wear something besides that stupid hospital gown. course you need your childs going home outfit and a few newborn sleepers is nice as well. i personally only brought my body soap travel size toothpaste n a tooth brush...didnt see the need for shampoo, conditioner, make up etc. the hospital gave me pads and they were 1000 times better than anything i could have bought at walmart etc. we left with so much more stuff than we came in with, blnkets, hats, formula, diapers, wipes, that lanolin cream stuff for your nipples etc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Here's a printable checklist for ya! Pic is clicky!

Hospital bag check list. What to pack in hospital bag for baby delivery.

flowerfunleah
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:20 PM

I'm going to add on there that I think custom made hospital gowns (at leaste 2 or 3) are totally worth it, the hospital gowns they give your for breast feeding are cheap and my boobs kept falling out lol but my friend had a few of them custom made for her (she was there for three stinkin' days!) and she got LOTS of compliments on them and she loved that she had more control over what she got to wear. 

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Camera!!!

newwifenmom
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:17 PM

I honestly didn't need much. The hospital was very generous and provided many things.

But here is what was in my bag:

charger

camera

pads-didn't need them

laxative-Rx

magazines

my bath and body works stuff

birth plan

sleep shirts-didn't need them

socks-didn't need them

glasses

ponytail holder

snacks-didn't need them

isaacsmommy68
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:36 PM

If you don't mind being in a hospital gown, just pack clothes to go home in for you. Travel shampoo and soap for showering for you. If you have long hair, some clips or head bands, brush, toothbrush, etc, A go home out fit for baby, the hospital should provide everything for baby while you are there. Camera. snacks, slippers, book or magazines. I put it all in a diaper bag. I didn't pack much. The rooms are small and you will not use it. Good Luck

rgba
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:42 PM
That's actually a pretty good list.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Here's a printable checklist for ya! Pic is clicky!

Hospital bag check list. What to pack in hospital bag for baby delivery.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)